The Sewing Place

Thinking of new Bernina machine!

Celia

Re: Thinking of new Bernina machine!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
She looks lovely, do report back on you progress this afternoon.

I am still waiting for my Spinning wheel to arrive but it does have  to come all the way from Scotland and it only left there yesterday

Silver Rose

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
Glad Madge arrived safely, I wondered where that squeal of delight came from that I heard, Watton is not so far from here   ;)
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2021, 12:11:49 PM »
@Celia Thank you, fingers crossed your spinning wheel arrives soon :D
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2021, 12:13:32 PM »
@Silver Rose  That shriek was very loud wasn't it lol
Hopefully yours will arrive soon  :thumbsup:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Gernella

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2021, 13:26:43 PM »
Oh sod it, you've got my jealousy thoughts going again @Bumblebuncher I was trying to keep the lid on them but that picture has set me off again.  So much rooooom  to the right. :thumbsup:
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2021, 13:49:15 PM »
@Gernella The whole machine seems huge lol so much room!  I even got a free extension table.  I don't quilt, but if I did I think I would be in heaven with all that room. To be fair, I am in heaven with all that room, but you know what I mean  ;)
BB

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2021, 14:10:01 PM »
@Ohsewsimple  You mean people don't get them out straight away  :scream:

You’d be surprised at the number that don’t.  When I was selling machines we would organise a lesson as well.  Some people wouldn’t get it out of the box till we’d done that.  Or they had to 'get hubby to open it and set it up'.   :rolleyes:  More than DH's life is worth to touch my machines!  Even going in my room is fraught with danger!   :laughing:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2021, 14:16:14 PM »
@Ohsewsimple  Around an hour after arriving and placement in my little area, DH must have heard the machine running.
His voice came up the stairs.. 'can I come and see or leave it a while'  :laughing:
I allowed him entry  ;)
BB

Elnnina

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2021, 15:10:49 PM »
How lovely, now just enjoy the playing and getting to know your new machine.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2021, 13:19:26 PM »
You’d be surprised at the number that don’t.  When I was selling machines we would organise a lesson as well.  Some people wouldn’t get it out of the box till we’d done that.  Or they had to 'get hubby to open it and set it up'.   :rolleyes:  More than DH's life is worth to touch my machines!  Even going in my room is fraught with danger!   :laughing:
I know this thread is past it's sell by date
But.....
Sister in law purchased a new machine last week!
Big Bro informs me the box arrived...
And....
She told him to wrap it up for her for her Christmas present  :scream:
 :faints:
I am related to someone that didn't, and has no intention of, opening the box  :facepalm: :headbang:
Going back to the corner now
BB

Lowena

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2021, 13:27:05 PM »
My husband opened up the box and set everything up when I got my new machine . I then, read the manual from cover to cover before ceremoniously turning it on  :D
I didn't try it out in the shop as I was too embarrassed in case I did anything wrong  :|
It's been fine  :sew:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2021, 13:34:23 PM »
@Lowena I allow that lol
But she is waiting 2 months before even looking at it.... 2 months
I am horrified
*wanders off muttering she is no relation of mine any more
BB

Lowena

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2021, 13:59:17 PM »
@Bumblebuncher my husband is like that. He can keep "treats" for months .
Triumph of hope over experience :D

coffeeandcake

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2021, 14:43:41 PM »
I had to wait for a whole month when I got my current Pfaff as it was a Christmas present and I wasn't allowed to open it.
I received a Brother V3 for my birthday last year and that did have to be opened as it arrived in a mahoosive box and would have just been in the way if left :D

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2021, 14:49:36 PM »
@coffeeandcake But you weren't allowed as it was a Christmas present so I forgive you too :laughing:
SIL bought the machine for herself then informed Big Bro to give it to her  :thinking:
Still can't forgive her
BB