The Sewing Place

Thinking of new Bernina machine!

BrendaP

Re: Thinking of new Bernina machine!
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2021, 14:58:25 PM »
Waiting two months before even looking at it is plain stupid. 
What would happen if it had been damaged in transit and then you tried to get compensation months later?

Looking at it to check that it switches on, and will sew a basic seam and then wrapping it up again until Christmas is another matter. 

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2021, 18:27:24 PM »
I agree with @BrendaP.  If there’s a problem with it and they try to take or send it back I th8nk they might have problems.  Get it out and check it!

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2021, 19:19:23 PM »
I agree too, told Big Bro that but she won't be moved so it's keep your fingers crossed time for him  :laughing:
I would have checked everything worked and all the things that are supposed to be with it are with it.  Then been incapable of putting it back in the box  :rolleyes:

BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ouryve

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2021, 17:03:38 PM »
Crikey! I waited a whole 3 hours before trying out my new machine. 9nly left it that long because it arrived on new year's eve and was very cold from its journey. (I was also surprised that it had arrived already, since I only ordered it the afternoon before!)

I did wait a day before trying out my overlocker but that was because I'd never used one before and was terrified of it, so wanted to be sure of having a clear hour or so to get to grips with threading it and trying different stitches - and the different coloured threads I'd ordered so I could see what was happening hadn't arrived yet!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"