The Sewing Place

Fabulosew

Gernella

Fabulosew
« on: July 10, 2021, 10:36:02 AM »
As you know I am a bit of a lazy madam and like an easy life.

Last night, planning future sewing of what months for what, and thinking about the state of my aging printer, which is fine on little jobs but iffy for others, I uploaded my pattern to Fabulosew for them to print it off. Not just print it off, since it was A4 (what idiots still do not do A0) 'stitch' it together first and then print off. 37 pages for £12.50 and thinking about the potential for an aching back doing it, worth every penny.  I even paid £1 extra for them to stick in a pattern envelope.

There, I have confessed. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

Re: Fabulosew
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 13:09:06 PM »

Sewbusy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 15:00:00 PM »
I've just bought a Style Arc pdf pattern and sent it to Fabricate to print, asked for two copies. I had read that Style Arc patterns cost more, something to do with the paper size?? However I was happy to pay for the two copies, £10.50.

The pattern, Carnegie Dress is for my daughter but it's one I had looked at for myself. I ordered multisize so there's a degree of play for both of us.

I must be a bit of a masochist because I've also printed it at home, 46 pages., and I now have to find/codge up/filch from another pattern, a suitable short sleeve to go with it!

The wedding she's attending is not until mid September so I have some playtime to do a toile and for her to determine exactly what fabric/colour she prefers.

Should keep me out of mischief for a while.

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 15:13:40 PM »
https://www.netprinter.co.uk/sewing-pattern-printing/
A0 from £1.80 a sheet.

Yes but I am paying the price of stitching together 37 A4 sheets @Efemera  and that takes time, but not my time thank goodness.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

mudcat

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 19:01:09 PM »
How are they "stitching" them together @Gernella?
The same way we do?  With tape or is it a more professional process?

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 19:23:07 PM »
This service is for digitally stitching your A4 patterns together and printing them onto our quality, lightweight, A0 paper. So you won’t need to do any sticking together!
Before you order, please make sure that your pattern isn’t available in an A0 format.
When you upload your file, update the quantity box for the number of pages to be printed.
There might be a delay in sending A4 stitched patterns, these are quite time consuming and are usually tackled over the weekend

I suspect it might be how another website tells you @mudcat  convert to a jpg first, which I did but after that I lost the plot. If it sounds time consuming they can charge more.