The Sewing Place

Sazzerfrazzin!

Bumblebuncher

Sazzerfrazzin!
« on: July 11, 2021, 20:00:24 PM »
Today I was talking to DH about the new machine I may (or may not) be buying, with grandson (6 Years) perched on my lap. He was looking at the pics of the machines on the website and, after telling me the blue one looked good >:), then exclaimed that they must be old machines.
Of course I then marched him up the stairs to see the 'old' machines I have up there. A 1960's Pfaff 30, a Kohler hand crank and then... the main event... producing the Singer 401 from it's cabinet, which did the job and made him gasp he was so impressed!
However, I then realised I have no idea where the box of attachments are, in particular the cams!
I really hope they are under the bed in the spare room where the machine is, otherwise they are in the loft in an unnamed box that will take forever to find!
My issue is, do I now send DH up there to look?  And if I do send him up there, can I really leave the other machines behind?  There are 2 featherweights and, I believe, 3 x 99k's, plus accessories.
I am not sure if I am now annoyed at GS for showing an interest in them  -<
BB

As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Sazzerfrazzin!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 20:04:09 PM »
Oooh, you definitely need the featherweights down at least.

I'm intrigued with your thread title, I've never heard the word sazzerfrazzin...  :S

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 21:31:19 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper Just imagine it being said by Scooby Doo, it's a family favourite  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »
I never watched Scooby Doo...

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 12:07:44 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper Lucky you!
By 'family favourite' I of course meant children and grandchildren  :laughing:
BB

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 08:07:52 AM »
I am pleased to say the attachments were indeed under the bed!
We moved here two and a half years ago and DH put certain things in the loft so that we could bring them down when we were settled and had found somewhere to put them. The featherweights were among those things!
Then, just a few months in, he had his accident and anything in the loft stayed in the loft.
Two years later and things are more settled but only just got any semblance of a sewing area or anywhere to keep the extra machines.
Having found the attachments (who would believe that ALL the attachments for ALL the machines would be in a box under the bed!), I think the ones that are available need a bit of TLC before getting more down.
First job is getting the 401 out and giving her a check.
I have always been slightly confused.  The book I have is for the Rocketeer 411, but the machine is the 401, Is there a difference between the two other than appearance?
Am I missing something?
Anyway, oil at the ready, I will pull her out and give her a clean and test run later today so I know she is all ok before moving onto the Pfaff 30 which I need to check is working properly before replacing a zip on my brothers bike jacket  :D
BB

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 08:34:48 AM »
@Bumblebuncher I think it’s the 500 series that are known Rocketeer machines. Not many in the U.K. it’s on my wish list.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
@Efemera Thanks I saw the 411g referred to as the Rocketeer the other day and just assumed they knew what they were talking about  :laughing:
I have forgotten nearly everything I knew about my machines 5 years ago, need to do a bit more studying and catch up!
BB

And at the risk of making myself look a complete idiot, I discovered the reason the book is for a 411 is because *drumroll*
It is a 411  :facepalm:
Given her and her footpedal a good clean and inspection and she is sewing beautifully again :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 16:15:22 PM by Bumblebuncher »