The Sewing Place

I suppose it could be classed as furnishings

Gernella

I suppose it could be classed as furnishings
« on: July 13, 2021, 16:36:41 PM »
I've finished my second machine mat today, trying to pretend I can do quilting at the same time, well I made sandwich.  I'd already got a large fleece tablecloth underneath that I bought years ago but I wanted something that I could stick pins in with ease and find them again.

The bit forward of the machine has three layers of batting inside and across the front, which I think will take pins nicely.  I didn't bother adding pockets on this one, I just wanted a bit of dangle plus I didn't have enough fabric.  The 'quilting' is willy nilly to make sure the batting didn't migrate anywhere.

I clock off at 4 so didn't get time to take a picture of the one for the little Passport which does have pockets in.

I do have some strips of fabric left and I know at least one has a complete birdie in.  Happy to post if anyone can make use of them to cut up.
Stash extension 2021 - 13.5 meters
Left at the end of 2020 - 47.5 meters

Surest1tch

Re: I suppose it could be classed as furnishings
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 22:17:13 PM »
What beautiful fabric 👍

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »
What I actually bought @Surest1tch , which set me off making my own was this:

It was beautifully made but for some reason the blue check fabric annoyed me, not really a blue person.  It also felt a bit lightweight and too short for what I wanted.  The other one I liked was on Etsy but with US postal charges, making it really expensive.

This fabric I do like and I can live with this for a long time.  It is certainly better than looking at the old table cloth cover

Diane

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 19:51:48 PM »
@Gernella I love your fabric choice and i can why you wanted to make your own i also couldn't sit there looking at the blue checked fabric. Another project to add to my ever growing list  :laughing:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome 4300QDC, overlocker Brother 1034d

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 20:48:24 PM »
I like the blue checked fabric but am with you on ditching the pockets.  They look good but I suspect that in use they would get in the way.

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 16:52:03 PM »
The second one.  Not exactly enthralled with the 'pockets' but they are done now.  I tend to put my hand out, not down when I want anything.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 18:55:09 PM »
Why do you need a may @Gernella ? My machine is directly on the wooden desk and never moves a millimetre  :thinking:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 19:07:55 PM »
I'm a pin pusher @Lowena I stick pins in whatever the machine is sat on.  That machine is on the dining room table so it's a polished surface, doesn't matter what's underneath it, it moves if I'm not careful as it is a lightweight machine.  The regular machine wouldn't move on its perch.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 19:42:18 PM »
Ah, I see
Triumph of hope over experience :D