The Sewing Place

Finally - my new sewing room kitted out and in use

Sewingsue

Re: Finally - my new sewing room
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 07:31:53 AM »
No, @Iminei but the bathroom is next door.  There would be room for an ensuite in one of the cupboards !
You mean the stash cupboard.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
One cupboard is the size of my sewing space  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ploshkin

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 11:11:43 AM »
I told the architect that I wanted cupboards upstairs having lived for 22 years with just one small one.  He obliged and there are 5.  The 'linen' cupboard in the bathroom was so enormous we made it into a shower cubicle and took the end off the bathroom for a smaller cupboard plus an extra in the sewing room.

DH and I got my Horn cabinet and cutting table upstairs this morning.  I now need to refit all the flaps and I'm good to go!  I think Fedex are bringing curtain fabric and poles today.
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »
That's a beautiful sewing space @Ploshkin , and well worth waiting for!  I'm very envious of your cupboard space...

Look forward to seeing it kitted out.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2021, 11:39:14 AM »
That's a beautiful sewing space @Ploshkin , and well worth waiting for!  I'm very envious of your cupboard space...
Jessie

Me too! 

Flobear

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2021, 12:17:34 PM »
My 15 packages from IKEA arrived this morning, only 2 days after I ordered them. I blame @Ploshkin - I think she's earning commission from the Swedes  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2021, 12:46:59 PM »
Hmmmph @Flobear I ordered mine last Friday and they're not coming until next Wednesday!  What have you got?

twopence

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2021, 14:31:01 PM »
It looks like a lovely space @Ploshkin

Flobear

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2021, 15:02:24 PM »
Hmmmph @Flobear I ordered mine last Friday and they're not coming until next Wednesday!  What have you got?
I wasn't expecting it so quickly though having paid narmanaleg for ordinary delivery it seemed only right. It was the adjustable trestles you were flogging recommending that tempted me so I will have a 4ft long cutting table. And I bought a desk with a bank of drawers one end and legs the other which should take two machines. And a swivel chair. The other bits were for the guest room.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2021, 17:50:13 PM »
DH played a blinder.  I didn't realise that there is a hidden skill in all the time he spends under lorries and tractors.  He is able to reach into impossible spaces at impossible angles and put in screws by feel alone.  He voluntarily put  all the flaps back on my sewing cabinet and cutting table in a fraction of the time it would have taken me.  He also took all my boxes of fabric upstairs ( I don't think he realises that there are 2 big ones on top of the wardrobe  ;) ).  Fedex brought all my curtain poles but no fabric.  I do have one lot for our existing bedroom so I can make a start.
It's actually nice to have some space back downstairs.

Bill

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2021, 21:47:18 PM »
That's bigger than my bedroom!  :faints:
Envious? Moi?
I wish you many happy hours/days/weeks etc in there  :)
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2021, 21:50:54 PM »
You mean the stash cupboard.

Yes. Let's call it what it really is. Stash cupboard.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2021, 06:01:59 AM »
Im packing my bags .... I only need a small futon at one end of the room ....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sara-S

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2021, 11:06:22 AM »
Looking forward to seeing it furnished! Enjoy!!
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Celia

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »
This room looks fantastic, I cant wait to see more.  If I had that space I think I might be tempted by a floor loom  :devil:, If I put one in my room I wouldn’t get in the door.  What size loom are you thinking of getting ????

I love seeing other peoples rooms, think I should have been an estate agent. :laughing: