The Sewing Place

Janome 230DC

Silver Rose

Janome 230DC
« on: July 19, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »
When I collect my replacement foot pedal from Franklins this week I am going to look at the Janome 230DC. It is a small step up from my Alfa and computerised which will be new to me. Has anybody had one or is using one now? I would appreciate your comments, thank you in advance.
Still learning

maliw

Re: Janome 230DC
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 12:17:53 PM »
When I collect my replacement foot pedal from Franklins this week I am going to look at the Janome 230DC. It is a small step up from my Alfa and computerised which will be new to me. Has anybody had one or is using one now? I would appreciate your comments, thank you in advance.
Just had a look on the SMD website, it appears that you get quite a lot for your money but the machine gets good reviews.
Haven't got on myself but take some fabrics and see if they will let you play.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Celia

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:22:38 PM »
I haven’t got one but it might be worth looking at this before you go, it might give you some ideas about questions to ask https://youtu.be/uACApi3-3hA.
Hope you like it

Helen M

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 14:32:34 PM »
It looks like the computerised Janome I used at one of their classes at Janome UK in Stockport. It also looks quite similar to my non computerised Janome. I got on well with the one I used at the class and love Janome machines.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 09:00:06 AM »
Thank you for your comments everyone, I've looked at a couple of YouTube reviews and I think this machine would suit my needs and be a step up for me and not cost too much, I want to replace my recently expired laptop as well so having a bit of a spend at the moment. I'll make up my mind tomorrow when I go to Franklins.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
That looks quite a tasty looking machine @Silver Rose I think you will find that a vast difference to your current machine.  The first computer machine I had was a Janome and after what I had before it was like the lights had been turned on.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 15:42:31 PM »
Pleased to announce I have bought the Janome and it could be here by the weekend  :dance:  He also demonstrated a similarly priced Britannia machine, a brand I hadn't heard of, it was heavier and looked bulkier but had many of the same features as the Janome, he sewed through eight thicknesses of denim to show how robust it was.
I got the replacement foot pedal for the Alfa only to find when we got home it had the wrong size 3 pin connector to the machine. Of goes the boy wonder to town again and came back with the correct one, they had given me the pedal for the newer machines not the old style.
4" off my hair now it is a bit like Esme's of GBSB but not so severe looking, same colour though  0_0
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 16:21:12 PM »
it strikes me as a very good day to buy a new sewing machine  :D
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your new baby  :thumbsup:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Helen M

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 16:35:18 PM »
I bet you can't wait for it to arrive @Silver Rose!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Silver Rose

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 16:45:20 PM »
I am excited I must admit, next biggish purchase will be a laptop or tablet when I feel like braving Currys/PC world.
Still learning

Celia

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 20:39:51 PM »
Congratulations I am sure you will be happy, do let us know how you get on :loveit:

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
Made friends with Dulcie this morning,  bobbin wound and machine threaded up OK. I have been trying out some of the decorative stitches. I do like the up/down button but the reverse button is tucked away and I keep wanting to reach to the right hand side of the machine for it. It is very stable when sewing without being too heavy for me to lift. I have been sitting on the perching stool that the physios supplied but it is a little too high really.  So far I am very pleased I chose this machine.   :loveit: Happy bunny.
Still learning

Celia

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 15:41:21 PM »
That’s great to know, may you spend many happy hours with Dulcie :loveit:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 17:50:46 PM »
So glad Dulcie is keeping you happy  :D
Enoy
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

realale

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 16:51:45 PM »
I have been sitting on the perching stool that the physios supplied but it is a little too high really. 
@Silver Rose The perching stool supplied to my Mother had adjustable legs so I was able to make it suit her. Does yours? Might be worth having a look.
So many beers, so little time.