The Sewing Place

Bernina Bernette B77

Gernella

Bernina Bernette B77
« on: June 22, 2021, 13:20:20 PM »
I've always been a bit confused with Bernina and providing this cheaper machine.  Having nothing to  do on Sunday except play I was looking through the latest model Bernettes, the top end one now being the B77, to discover it had the identical walking  foot to the Pfaff IDT.  Dual feed, they call it

If they can add it on this machine why on earth don't they put on the higher end models?

https://www.franknutt.co.uk/bernette-b77
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

badgermat

Re: Bernina Bernette B77
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 10:20:15 AM »

It's probably just that the Bernette machines are repackaged Janome designs (as I understand it). The B77, and the Janome it's based on, were probably designed with the dual feed as an original feature.

I imagine adding it to a completely different machine (ie, an other Bernina) is likely prohibitive. Either from an engineering perspective, or a patent licensing perspective if Pfaff have a patent on the system.

bm

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 18:34:26 PM »
I think the Pfaff IDT patent has now expired, as I understand @badgermat I did see a video sometime ago of 'IDT' on an industrial sewing machine, same but slightly different, it had me mesmerised watching. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 17:59:28 PM »
Dual feed, they call it

If they can add it on this machine why on earth don't they put on the higher end models?

They do.  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

embroideryguy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 07:35:33 AM »
I've always been a bit confused with Bernina and providing this cheaper machine.  Having nothing to  do on Sunday except play I was looking through the latest model Bernettes, the top end one now being the B77, to discover it had the identical walking  foot to the Pfaff IDT.  Dual feed, they call it

https://www.franknutt.co.uk/bernette-b77
Well, I always prefer Bernette 70 Deco over this sewing machine. I checked the features of both of these sewing machines and found Bernette 70 Deco more reliable. I also found B77 mentioned by many experts as the best sewing machine in 2021 but I can not understand the reason behind this logic. I still love 70 Deco over all Bernina and Bernette sewing machines.