The Sewing Place

the slipper thread.

sewminds

the slipper thread.
« on: July 22, 2021, 07:18:40 AM »
 Hopefully these will still fit bubs, she's growing at warp speed! I'll have to post them because with all the lock downs starting to happen, I can't risk being trapped the other end of the Island... >:) :thinking: :devil:,,nup better not.. the OH might go ballistic.  :angel:
Sew it needs juice!

Silver Rose

Re: the slipper thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:31:24 AM »
They look cosy and lovely bright colours, better get them in the post soon.
Still learning

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 08:27:22 AM »
@sewminds , they are lovely!

Can I be nosey and ask what pattern you used?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

sewminds

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 09:28:40 AM »
@Silver Rose  @b15erk Thank you ladies!

Jessie, still a couple of weeks testing left on these...pretty sure the other two stranded designs will be included with the pattern, I did the Argyle version, but they're by the designer Bekah Knits on ravelry and BEKAHknits on Etsy. I can certainly let you know when it gets published.

I've begun another test for her doing the adult pattern and that design will be the Snowflake version, released at a later date.

I have a couple of her other slipper patterns but they can be done in my own time and no doubt it will be the Baby Moc-a-Soc - Booties  because bubs will go through the sizes quickly...and they're quick and cute.
Sew it needs juice!

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 11:36:44 AM »
Aww they are so cute  :D
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Celia

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 11:44:50 AM »
They are adorable I would love to know when the pattern is released thanks

sewminds

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 12:01:50 PM »
@Bumblebuncher  Thanks!  :*

@Celia Absolutely, will give a shout for you.  :thumbsup:
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 05:28:21 AM »
@Celia
Hello my lovely!
All three of the slipper sizes have just been released on ravelry!
There's the  Baby Hearthside Slippers by Bekah Knits.... my version up top. ranging from o months to 2-4 years size
There's the  Mini Hearthside Slippers by Bekah Knits ...ranging from 2-4 years to 9-12 years
and
 Hearthside Slippers by Bekah Knits ranging from small to XXL in the adult sizes
Here's the mummy and me shot!

Just can't remember if I'm allowed to direct link those patterns or not?  -<
Sew it needs juice!

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 08:52:12 AM »
@sewminds 

Yes you are fine to post links as you've been a member for more than 2 weeks and have posted more than 25 times !!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 11:31:46 AM »
Thankyou @sewminds so much for the information in case anyone else wants to look here is the link I found https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-hearthside-slippers

sewminds

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 16:40:45 PM »
@Iminei ahhh, that was it. Thank you!
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 16:54:14 PM »
@Celia You're welcome!
A heads up on the baby sizes. The dimensions given are for bare feet, not with socks or onesies, so you'll need to allow for that extra padding when choosing the size.
The GD was only able to wear them twice before she outgrew them. :(
I do have a standing order now for slippers every year, bonus is the 3 different designs per pattern. So if you're like me who has trouble repeating a design, this isn't quite a repeat, so doable 3 times.  0_0

Here's the links to the other sizes
Mini Hearthside
Hearthside Slippers
Sew it needs juice!

SewMeSome

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 21:45:00 PM »
I'm totally inspired by these!

I'm looking at a pattern for adult slippers at this moment (an amazon one from Bekah Knits ). For a beginner are 16" or 24" circular needles best (if it says that either can be used) Thanks

sewminds

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 03:54:22 AM »
@SewMeSome
I'm so sorry my lovely. I seem to either not be getting notifications and/or when I do, such as my B'day messages which I did get..I can't even access the link to thank folk.

I'm about to make my Grandie another pair and from memory, I used two short circ's to make it easier to manipulate on both the wee ones and adult pair. So the heel area and a bit along the sides and then the other the rest of the sides and toe section.

If I haven't made it in time to help you, I'm so sorry but hopefully this might help someone else.

I'll try to remember to take some progress shots with this next pair so folk can see how I'm using the cable needles.

OOO and a big FYI for folk making any of the sizes from any of these slipper patterns..The measurements given are for the slipper to be worn without socks. So if you like wearing socks as well, take your foot measurement with them on. I was caught out by this because in cold weather, a baby could have stockings under a full onesie and socks over the top..so at least two, possibly 3 layers on the foot needing to fit in the slipper.

Sew it needs juice!

BrendaP

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2022, 08:28:41 AM »
@SewMeSome   You can set what notifications you get.

Go into profile (from the top of the page on a laptop)
Account settings
Modify profile - Notifications.
tick whichever boxes you want notifications for.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.