The Sewing Place

vogue pattern search ..

annieeg

vogue pattern search ..
« on: July 26, 2021, 15:57:53 PM »
I'm looking for a pattern for a dress, which has an empire line, but NOT very gathered skirt (more like couple of soft pleats on left and right sides, with a flat centre).  It must have sleeves.  (THere was a  Vogue dress pattern from the mid-1990's which had exactly this design, long since lost, which I never managed to replace.)
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

charlotte

Re: vogue pattern search ..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 11:28:05 AM »
New Look 6410 has a panelled skirt with a flat front, but no pleats or gathers.

dolcevita

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 14:29:28 PM »
There's a wide choice on the burdastyle site. The German one is easiest to filter (I'd add a link but the cookies thing won't let it connect properly).
Go to: www.burdastyle.de

Then:
- shop
   - damen
   - kleider

Once you're on the dress page, you can use the filter to specify empire dresses (same as English term). There are some lovely choices there.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 15:55:14 PM »
Would McCalls 7948 here be of interest @annieeg ? There is a gathered version for which I've seen a number of positive reviews but also a version with a couple of pleats instead. It's on sale at the something delightful site at the moment and there's a digital version.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 12:02:07 PM »
@dolcevita  Thanks for the Burda suggestion and I really like Burda 2021 #6058 dress but I can't read a word of German, even to try and work out which is the pdf version and which is the hard copy pattern :scream: :scream:
https://www.burdastyle.de/produkt/katalog-schnitt/kleid-h-w-2021-6058_1020571010990std
I'd like the pdf version but struggle to see if its in AO format so I can send to copy shop.

@Tamnymore Thanks for your suggestion on the McCalls dress which I did look at before and I know that Manuela was a fan of this pattern.  What I don't like is the band around the midriff. 
I'm currently working on the Simply Sewing Maxi Dress because I thought it would be loose around the midriff but its not, unfortunately.  Its almost made (after about 3 attempts on fitting) and I'll post a picture of the finished article, when its done.    Below is a link to the Maxi Dress FYI.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simply-Sewing-Pattern-Maxi-Dress-UK-8-22-Quadrille-Empire-Line-Frill-Trim-/294231694038?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjwjJmIBhA4EiwAQdCbxqwKMKYhZ2rpwhroKRY_goerObFQJKQNABuOi1EHZhP4dzKqm0YMkRoC8AwQAvD_BwE

dolcevita

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 12:12:35 PM »
@annieeg - I'm pretty sure you can get English instructions. I shall have a look later.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 12:52:45 PM »
How about McCalls 8856. There's a very good review on La Sewista's blog.

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 13:38:39 PM »
Just to note that there isn't a band on the midriff of McCalls 7948. I think it just looks as though there is as it's a broderie anglaise fabric they have used. I have this pattern cut out (though not sewn up - it's waiting it's turn in a long queue.... )
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde