Jelly roll/1m contest & help Ruthie with the rules
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Thoughts about August contest

SewRuthieSews

Thoughts about August contest
« on: July 26, 2021, 16:57:49 PM »
Hi folks, got a few options for August

- extend the Awesome Accessories for another month.
- have a summer break
- have the jellyroll/1m contest, but I'll need some help coming up with some sensible rules as I've not got them sorted.

I have now completed on my house sale and moved out, with most stuff in storage and some stuff at OH's flat, where  we're living temporarily until we can move to our bungalow in mid/late August hopefully.

realale

Re: Thoughts about August contest
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 17:27:47 PM »
Doubt if I'll have time for an August contest. I like to be out and about more in the better weather.
Or what about extending Iminei's July Festival Junket?   I have about 4 unused kits I would like to do but no chance this month (Or next month probably but I can live in hope!!)
Glad your house sale went through and hopefully your next move will be early and seamless.  :thumbsup:
So many beers, so little time.

Sewingsue

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 17:43:06 PM »
Another vote for extending the July Festival Finds (not that I have any excuse for not getting on with it in July).
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 18:31:29 PM »
Isn't the Festival Finds more about patchwork though?  I think this one is for general sewing.  As you're going to be moving, Ruthie, I'd vote for having a break in August.

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 20:01:54 PM »
Isn't the Festival Finds more about patchwork though?  I think this one is for general sewing.  As you're going to be moving, Ruthie, I'd vote for having a break in August.
Ah, my mistake.
I got confused by

"Does it have to be quilting?    Absolutely not

Any kit/workshop project can be finished ... Knitting, Crocheting, macrame, quilting, sashiko, applique, EPP, Stained Glass, Weaving  .... ad infinitum."
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 20:29:22 PM »
Yes, Girls if you want to extend the Festival Finds ... we can absolutely do that ......

And No, Ladies it doesnt have to be quilting ...

there are all kinds of shows where we buy Kits/ take workshops ... the Knit and Stitch show (?) to name but one ...

Any kit/workshop bought/taken and not started/finished is eligible!!

Macrame Pot Holder? Stained Glass? Knitted Dinosaur? Mosaic? and anything else  ... anything !!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 21:03:39 PM »
I think @SewRuthieSews is probably very much in need of a rest!

I would be delighted if Festival Finds were to be extended.  I don't stand much chance of finishing my possible entry by the end of July, but I should definitely be able to do so before the end of August!  I might even be able to dig something else out of the 'Someday...' cupboard.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Flobear

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 21:26:29 PM »
If Festival Finds is extended I might have a hope of finding my one and only item which is quite small and presumably well hidden in my Still-not-a-Sewing-Room.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 01:39:56 AM »
Well then it's settled.  :laughing:  Ruthie is moving and no doubt exhausted. The weather has been unbearably hot for most of us and that pesky virus is picking up steam again. It sounds like an excellent idea to extend the Festival Finds event. Since these items have been sitting around for some time an extra month would probably be very welcome. And needed.  ;) Taking a break from the mostly Lightside sounds good. A lot of people have mentioned doing home improvements and decorating projects in August so I'm sure they'll welcome the break.

Besides, I haven't figured out what to do with those jelly rolls I bought.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Flobear

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 09:05:39 AM »
I got mixed up with all the onomatopoeia and didn't mean to vote for Awesome Accessories because I'm not doing it anyway! As I said in my post it's Festival Finds that Flo was finking  ;)
Not that it matters in the scheme of things.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Helen M

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 11:56:20 AM »
Could the Festival Finds include cross stitch or tapestry?

If we drop the 1 metre challenge could we have it later on, I was hoping to do a top in that part.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 47

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 13:09:16 PM »
Yes @Helen M  .. as Ive said before.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Helen M

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 14:30:59 PM »
Thank you @Iminei  :)
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 47

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2021, 16:42:03 PM »
Thanks @Iminei and all the lovely participants.

I am pretty tired tbh, today I've been repacking the things we brought over in multiple car loads in open topped crates into various random cardboard boxes OH has sourced locally for free.

The one that amused me the most is labelled 'Extension Leads and Hulahoop'. The hula hoop comes apart into sections meaning it fitted into the same box as the extension leads....

Potential moving firms for this next stage are coming over the next 2 days.

If its still warm once I've moved and got the sewing machines unpacked I want to sew another pair of cotton shorts as I've worn them a lot.