The Sewing Place

Christmas Craft 2021

Lizzy777

Re: Christmas Craft 2021
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 22:35:20 PM »
@Bumblebuncher

Sorry. Was just trying to be a bit helpful  ;)

I'd hate to be put into that position every year, to find something I had made was put into a charity bag.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 23:01:26 PM »
@Lizzy777  No need to apologise  :D
I have had to deal with her all my life, your suggestion has previously happened  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ann

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2021, 21:31:23 PM »
I am still working on Xmas gifts and got DD another pair of socks done a bit ago and forgot to report on them.

I have used up the Paton's Kroy yarn that is striping for her socks. I used a pattern called Snake River but followed Purl Together's Knit A Long. I am so happy with these socks that I bought the yarn to make her two more pairs for next Christmas. One pair will be in Seashell colors (cream and grey tweed) and the other is in Flax.

I will be picking up to finish the puppy's quilt now as I need to get it done. It is a fun thing to make. Will post pictures of it when it is done.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2021, 21:56:21 PM »
I keep trucking on with Xmas gifts as I get free shipping on Tuesdays in October in Canada. I started off making a puppy quilt and it turned into a large lap quilt for an adult. It is for our DSIL. I am happy with the results of this quilt and I did make it in a bit of hurry giving myself goals every day I sewed.

With this done, I am now sewing DSIL a cloth bag for his electronics stuff and hope to have it done in a couple of days. I am also knitting DD a hat that she wanted. Then the west coast family is done and I start on gifts for family here.
Stash Busting 2023

Bjay

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2021, 16:54:55 PM »
Just finished these 2 mini quilts. They are for the Littlies.
Getting the youngest to choose his fave colours was problematic but mostly he said sun shine colours.
 The eldest has always liked turqupise to anything else right from when she was 2ish and I took her into a fabric shop and said choose a colour expecting pink.
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Ann

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2021, 12:38:21 PM »
I finished Christmas projects yesterday morning. Since last posting, I knit 2 pairs of socks.

Grandson's socks. They always look skinny as I rib them so they stay up on his skinny legs.

Daughter-in-law's socks.

I made Daughter-in-law a cover for her mix master. I cross hatched both the outer pieces and the lining before cutting out the pieces and sewing them together. A lot of work but I'm pleased with the results. She wanted plain and grey.

Yesterday Grandson's pyjama pants got finished.

I'm happy that all the gifts are now made and am ready to have a wrapping the presents afternoon in the sewing room. Probably tomorrow afternoon so I can make a list of a few items I can get at the grocery store to put into stockings.
Stash Busting 2023