The Sewing Place

Today I proved why you should have a STASH/ and never throw anything away

Vegegrow

So today my nephew's lovely bride to be came today to fit her dress and it looks great on her .. its a mermaid dress made from a good quality satin in a soft peachy beige overlaid with a cream lace.. it fits beautifully on the body but the bust is a bit loose so a few pins.. skirt is 5cm to long at the front  few more pins.. and as its strapless she wants a strap .. but to drape around the arm ... she told me she had ordered some more lace ... 1 yard... it cost her £100  :o :S .. if I'd known I would have looked through my lace box... straps decided on  lots of lace left I'll make a little drawstring bag .. still lace left a little bolero jacket.. a ring cushion .. can't waste it .. what are you going to use to keep warm in the evening?
Now when I saw this satin I had recognized the colour... I'd made the most amazing off the shoulder jacket in that colour a vogue pattern  a scallop edge with a little  fitted skirt 1995 ish .. I had  to cut round some marks on the fabric... left in the stash a nice 2.8 metre piece about 70 cm wide perfect for a stole/ shawl and now to be decorated  with the very expensive lace waste not want not .. perfect .. that's why you need a stash.. happy bride  <3
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Ellabella

I hope Lowena reads this ;)

Lowena

Triumph of hope over experience :D

Catllar

Yeah but, no but, yeah but 2.8metres is not a tiny scrap of nothing worth keeping  - 2.8 metres x 70 is a useful length. Even I'd keep that!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ravingdoll

So we can all chant at the top of our voices: "who are you going to call - stashbusters". 

Acorn

Another reason it's vital to have a stash is the possibility of all the fabric shops closing down and the internet breaking.

We have a cupboard full of toilet paper for very similar reasons.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

Oh Veg!  I knew there was a reason for the stash, I just hadn't been able to think of a good enough one! 

This is perfect and will see me through many 'situations'  ;)

I was going to go on a stash fast, but this is the perfect reason not to!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.