The Sewing Place

Shirt, jacket or something else.

Flobear

Re: Shirt, jacket or something else.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 07:37:30 AM »
Super job @badgermat .  The pattern adaptations alone sound like a real tour de force and the result looks great on thr model  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Sewingsue

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 07:44:51 AM »
That many adaptations to the pattern??

And first time pattern matching???

Wow! Just WOW!!!

:perfect10:
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

William

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
WOW!!! Really well Done - Bravo!!! :thumbsup:
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

badgermat

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 03:47:01 AM »

Many thanks for all the kind comments. I suspect there may have been some beginner’s luck with the pattern matching.

I can recommend the Paola pattern, and the adjustments weren’t all that hard in the end. Maybe that was beginner’s luck too :)

bm

badgermat

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2021, 03:51:27 AM »
Looks a bit like a Scottish tweed - like a Lovat tweed from the.Scottish borders. But I suppose you have your own NZ tweeds!

Bizarrely for a country with as many sheep as NZ, we have almost no textile industry here. And certainly no local Tweeds (that I'm aware of anyway).

I think part of that is down to the sheep breeds here, which only really produce wool suitable for knitting rather than weaving.

bm

jen

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:24 AM »
Great jacket! I like how you’ve lined up the pattern on the pocket.

Andymat

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2021, 16:00:39 PM »
Fabulous. As some one I used to work with would say, “looks like a bought one”. In this context I suppose it could be taken either as a complement or an underhanded dig. I truly mean it as a complement!

I haven’t dared using patterned material yet. Sounds like you could waste a lot of material if you don’t plan it properly.