The Sewing Place

Sewing + Embroidery machine

Iminei

Re: Sewing + Embroidery machine
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
Been up since  :S O'clock and have been finishing the back and layering of my current project.

Just having elevensies/brekkie before I start quilting on The Splurgess!!!

I have just attached (more fiddly than the WF to The Splurge) the Dual feed foot (nasty plasticky looking thing with a closed toe :( )  and engaged the IDT  ( ???) and the auto presser drop/lift which engages and disengages when you press the foot pedal   :o ....

All new territory for me !!! Scary stuff !!

This will really be the make or break point on this new machine for me ... Fingers crossed!

How do you turn the auto presser lift off Jo ????

When I (forget and) try to lift the foot manually, its obvious The Splurgess doesn't like it as it makes an 'Orrible noise!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:56:50 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Jo

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »
Imi, you can use the lever to lift manually, it's no problem (or at least it shouldn't be). To turn off the auto presser lift you...well, just don't use it :) I'm kidding, but it's actually very simple. When you turn on the machine, just press the foot down button and then lift the presser foot with the lever. That will switch to manual mode (it does make a sound, but it's normal, don't worry about it). I find it an awesome feature tho, as it allows me to use both hands to position the fabric underneath.
If you use the pivot function, make sure the option to stop with the needle down is activated, otherwise it's very frustrating (not sure how the menu is on the S7, but this option is in the Sewing Settings which you access by pressing the wrench key on the right of the screen).
You can buy several feet for the walking foot, including a open toe and a 1/4 inch seam.
If you need any help, just send me a message and I'll troubleshoot you through it :)
Also...might be a stupid question, but did you read the manual? I had several "oooohhh!!" moments when I did.

StitchinTime

« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2017, 10:14:40 AM »
the Splurgess

Imi, have I missed the introduction of the Splurgess to TSP?