The Sewing Place

Sewing + Embroidery machine

Acorn

Re: Sewing + Embroidery machine
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2017, 10:57:13 AM »
I'm also looking forward to doing some trapunto, I just LOVE it, but like you, I haven't got the guts to try free motion.

Ooh yes - I've been doing it by hand for a long time, but I do believe I bought a book on machine trapunto a few months ago...  :D

It wasn't either of those sites, but I have bookmarked them - thank you!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:00:09 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2017, 13:52:49 PM »
I always sleep with the window open and no blinds or curtains closed. At home, we have wooden internal slatted shutters and I never close them.....and.......I have a streetlamp outside my window  :o OH has got used to it  :|
We regularly fly overnight on long haul journeys and you rarely see them used... in fact I said to OH, the airlines could save money by doing away with them :D
However, we're not all the same and they are pretty
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2017, 19:20:40 PM »
Unfortunately, idiot that I am, I didn't bookmark it and haven't the faintest idea how I got there.

Look at you internet  'history' ...

When you have a black back arrow in your bookmarks bar (above this screen), right click on it and hit Show full history

If you have an idea of the date you looked at it, scroll down to there and you should find it.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2017, 20:20:41 PM »
You're brilliant Imi!   :flower:

It was Embroidery Online - they have individual quilting designs at $1.99 as well as collections at higher prices.

But wow - I don't half get around the internet...  :o
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 20:29:35 PM by Acorn »

Jo

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2017, 13:43:16 PM »
Guess what?
The showroom machine is incomplete  0_0 So I still have to wait 3 more weeks for a new one.
Good thing I wasn't holding my breath...

Acorn

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2017, 15:25:39 PM »
Oh booooooo!

I have been shopping, and have been noticing all the clothes with embroidery on them - and how much better it could be...

Lowena

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2017, 15:28:16 PM »
Slap me with a wet  :fish: if you like..... but.....I always associate embroidered clothes with the old ladies haunts of Bon Marche and Edinburgh Woollen Mills  :D :D

Jo

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2017, 15:33:40 PM »
 :fish: :fish: :fish: There you go!  :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2017, 16:46:37 PM »
Slap me with a wet  :fish: if you like..... but.....I always associate embroidered clothes with the old ladies haunts of Bon Marche and Edinburgh Woollen Mills  :D :D
...packs up embroidered 3/4 trousers to send back...  :'(

Tamnymore

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2017, 17:07:15 PM »
In defence of EWM, it was the only place (or its sale outlet shop anyway) I could find leather gloves when I was looking for a pair a couple of months back. They were such a good price I bought 3 pairs. Come the autumn I'll need to remember where I put them! (But I know what you mean about the style of clothes. It isn't the force it once was for winter woollies).
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lowena

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 18:15:28 PM »
No one under 80 shops at those shops in my experience down here.....old gals in trainers,embroidered t shirts / jumpers / sweatshirts,  fleeces and trousers which aren't quite long enough  :D :D
I'm sure it doesn't apply in Lincolnshire Bodgey  <3

Acorn

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 18:33:51 PM »
I was actually in Asda, which may not be quality, but is certainly current. M&S is also full of embroidered clothes, as are the catalogues.

... and there ends my knowledge of what is currently in the clothes shops

Tamnymore

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2017, 22:19:48 PM »
Just to return to this topic there was an article on the new embroidered boho look which is apparently all the rage in today's Guardian. So move over Edinburgh Woollen Mill!  There was a lovely red Ukranian style embroidered dress at around £1000. A quick check on Selfridge's website revealed quite a number of similar dresses all at around £1000 a pop. Now I quite fancy making my own version but I can't find much by way of suitable embroidered fabrics. There is a nice embroidered chambray on the Textile Express website so I've emailed for a sample. Will let you know if I find anything fabulous!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lyn-J

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2017, 00:54:37 AM »
I always associate embroidered clothes with the old ladies haunts of Bon Marche and Edinburgh Woollen Mills
uh-oh  :|

Lowena

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2017, 01:38:33 AM »
Sorry, but it's true, I do  :D Nowhere else around here sells anything embroidered or otherwise decorated...I've made a point of looking. I can remember embroidered jeans in the 1970s  ;)
We get lots of coach parties in St Ives, mainly elderly women who dress in fleece jackets, elasticated waist trousers ( often too short ) embroidered t shirts and trainers........I made a vow never to own any of those things  :D