The Sewing Place

New Quilt

Diane

Re: New Quilt
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 11:03:57 AM »
@Lowena Yes your absolutely right but my DH doesn't know that  :laughing: he thinks i need a machine with a bigger throat, i mean that's not entirely a fib is it? it would be easier with a larger throat wouldn't it. Thanks for the recommendation, i will put that on my review list

@Celia I don't need any encouragement i can assure you  :laughing: i've got my eye on a Brother Innovis VQ2, i'm not rushing into buying one, will need to do my homework first. I have my janome but would like a seperate machine that doesn't get used on DH's work clothes and is used purely for my sewing.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 11:21:35 AM »
@Diane That is the reason I got my new machine... I really, really  needed all that throat space... really needed it! I only make clothes, but that throat space is really, really necessary!
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »
Yes @Diane it is easier with a bigger throat space......honestly ;)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Diane

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
@Lowena @Bumblebuncher I believe you both  :laughing: it's 100% necessary and i need a treat  :rolleyes: i haven't treated myself out of my severance pay yet but i will be. I'll probably purchase one in October/November as i want to decorate my lounge first.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Celia

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 11:33:33 AM »
@Diane that looks like a nice machine. I know what you mean about a machine for fun that is one reason I got mine, my embroidery machine reminds me of work too much.  I love the straight stitch machine I have but it didn’t encourage me to do anything different and the little Bernina is just that little, great but tooo small.

Have fun thinking about it whichever way you go, you deserve it.

Diane

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »
@Celia I just want a me machine and not a work clothes one, DH's work clothes are made of really tough material and the machine doesn't like it too much. Now if i had a new machine i could put the janome upstairs in the cupboard and just use it for the work clothes when needed. DH won't mind if i buy one and i'm happy to have this as a part christmas prezzy so that lets him off the hook  :laughing:

toileandtrouble

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 12:46:28 PM »
I hear Janome machines are going up10%  on Sept 1st. @Diane
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Diane

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 13:22:12 PM »
I hear Janome machines are going up10%  on Sept 1st. @Diane

I did see that, i'm not too bothered to be honest, i was looking at a brother machine but i expect they'll all increase in price