The Sewing Place

Bowl cozies

Sara-S

Bowl cozies
« on: August 09, 2021, 17:05:59 PM »
This is a quick & easy project. I’m not really sure where to I post it, but since it requires 2 layers of batting, I’m posting it here.  Thy can be made microwave-safe, if your fabric, batting & thread are all cotton. For want of cotton thread, mine aren’t, but I wasn’t planning to use them in the microwave anyway. More likely, I would use them under a bowl I had just taken out of the microwave.

Here they are;
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Flobear

Re: Bowl cozies
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 08:46:38 AM »
That's an interesting idea @Sara-S . I've never come across such a thing but I rather think I'd like one for my porridge bowl as I carry it to the breakfast table from the microwave  :thumbsup:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

bec

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:20:33 AM »
What a good idea. Are they difficult to shape when you're putting them together?

Sara-S

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 12:22:51 PM »
@Flobear I had a similar idea- carrying hot soup or at the other extreme, keeping a bowl of ice cream cold.

@bec it was less difficult than I imagined.  This is the first time I’ve made them.  It didn’t even take that long. I watched a video first and it was helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYOqsRw_Irc
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 15:09:14 PM by Sara-S »

Ann

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 13:13:25 PM »
Your soup bowls are  :perfect10: @Sara-S.

I am planning to make some for DH and I for our soup bowls to sit in on the table. Though everything will be cotton, I won't use them in the microwave.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 19:10:41 PM »

Great idea!  :thumbsup:

I made loads of them for Christmas presents a couple of years ago and my sister says she uses hers daily for holding her bowl of porridge.

I made a larger one to hold a plate for when I’m sat eating in front of the TV.  :|

Sara-S

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 12:47:23 PM »
@WildAtlanticWay yours looks great-such nice crisp corners!

We inaugurated ours last night, with some vanilla ice cream, drizzled with a bit of brandy. Yummy!