The Sewing Place

Waffle cargo vest

Gernella

Waffle cargo vest
« on: August 10, 2021, 12:52:06 PM »
Very nice but not quite me, my working gear tends to be anything that is well past its sell by date, enhanced by splodges of paint.

https://www.wafflepatterns.com/product-page/tsuki-cargo-vest

I quite like  the one with the band at the bottom though, although no hood, I could be persuaded with that one.  Pocket variations to suit yourself and of course I love a zip.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

sewmuchmore

Re: Waffle cargo vest
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 16:56:32 PM »
Looking for a new vest, gilet, bodywarmer pattern but not sure about this one, a bit too fussy i think.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 20:01:19 PM »
Is it a men's pattern?  Or don't they have a woman's mannequin?  :laughing:

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 20:18:58 PM »
Didn't see any men wearing it @Bodgeitandscarper I prefer the one  with the ruched band at the bottom, but I'd have to miss some of the pockets out, got nothing to put in them.  Don't forget she's a Japanese lady so probably not well endowed at the top, bit like me really only I make up for it in other places.  To me her patterns run on the small side, I always have to hike them up a bit.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 10:13:38 AM »

I only looked at this pic - that is not a woman's chest!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 11:42:23 AM »
Not many women need body armour!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 13:11:39 PM »
I prefer this one with a few adjustments.

Some of us were at the back of the queue for finishing off @Bodgeitandscarper however, they will never drape round my waist :laughing:

I wouldn't make it though, already got a pattern for something similar with no sleeves.

misschris

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 07:40:57 AM »
Is it a men's pattern?  Or don't they have a woman's mannequin?  :laughing:

Bodyshaming is never good. And we all know who it really shames.

dolcevita

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 08:46:12 AM »
The orange one looks like a life jacket to me.

Ploshkin

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 08:50:26 AM »
A garment like this doesn't usually have any shaping and is generally unisex.  It wouldn't really be feasible to have practical pockets over bust darts.  I have  a non shaped Regatta one which I wear all the time - it is for practicality so I have somewhere to carry a knife, string, binoculars, castrating rings, syringes, scissors,  tissues, coins, dog biscuits and all the other essential bits and pieces that one acquires throughout the day.
This one is trying to make a utility garment into a fashion item.
Life's too short for ironing.

Gernella

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 10:07:50 AM »
I often wonder why she always goes for 'utility' in her patterns because she herself is definitely not 'utility' looking.

fajita

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 10:16:47 AM »
A garment like this doesn't usually have any shaping and is generally unisex.  It wouldn't really be feasible to have practical pockets over bust darts.  I have  a non shaped Regatta one which I wear all the time - it is for practicality so I have somewhere to carry a knife, string, binoculars, castrating rings, syringes, scissors,  tissues, coins, dog biscuits and all the other essential bits and pieces that one acquires throughout the day.
This one is trying to make a utility garment into a fashion item.

Sounds like all you need for a good night out in Murder Book Club land.

Esme866

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 09:01:06 AM »
  It wouldn't really be feasible to have practical pockets over bust darts. 

:laughing: In my case, it wouldn't really be feasible to have practical pockets over my bust!

Did anyone else notice that while those mannequins don't have a bust, that chest is definitely topping off some female width hips?!? :S

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 11:18:55 AM »
Bodyshaming is never good. And we all know who it really shames.
I'm not shaming anyone.  The whole appearance of that mannequin just says male to me.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2021, 11:21:12 AM »

Some of us were at the back of the queue for finishing off @Bodgeitandscarper however, they will never drape round my waist :laughing:

Tell me about it, I often struggled to find a bra with small enough cups  :laughing:  Now I'm 19 stone, at least I can fill a B cup  :dance: