The Sewing Place

Decisions…

Efemera

Decisions…
« on: August 10, 2021, 16:05:02 PM »
I’ve been absent for various reasons I won’t bore you all with.
I’m decorating the kitchen, I’m having my green range cooker powder coated in blue ( plain swatch)  I’ve bought the wallpaper( jelly bean type pattern in the middle).
I need a large curtain for the patio doors and a blind…. Can’t decide, which do you think is best.

HenriettaMaria

Re: Decisions…
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 16:27:57 PM »
Do any of the windows face the sun?  If so, hold the swatches up and see which one attenuates the glare best.  Our kitchen faces east so gets the morning sun straight in.  When we were picking a roller blind fabric glare attenuation took higher priority to printed design.  What we have, therefore, works colour-wise but is a bit cottagey for my taste.  I got used to it!

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 16:54:00 PM »
The sun isn’t a problem….it’s the colour and print I want the most.

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 16:55:35 PM »
Personally I would go for the one to the left of the paper but my design skills are non existent and I don’t even know what attenuates means, so that is probably the worst one.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 17:16:48 PM »
I rather like the one on the top right. 

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 17:17:32 PM »
I like the one in the centre of the bottom row.
Still learning

Ouryve

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 17:18:32 PM »
Is the wallpaper on all the walls? That's a lot of pattern, if it is. My own instinct would be to pick out a green from the paper that complements the blue of the cooker and go with that.

Put of what's there, the one on the left of the wallpaper looks most comfortable colour wise. The one on the left of the cooker sample might work but not enough of the pattern is visible.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

sewmuchmore

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 17:31:09 PM »
I like the big pattern on the right as you look at the photo
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 17:37:51 PM »
There’s  no green in the paper @Ouryve . The kitchen is half wallpaper and half tiles( plain cream as are the units)…I’m a colour and pattern girl, I love mixing lots of patterns…these are the tiles for behind the cooker.

twopence

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 17:54:35 PM »
I like the top right one.

Helen M

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 18:25:31 PM »
I like the one to the left of the wallpaper and the one next to your plain swatch. If it were me I'd wait to choose the fabrics until after the walls and everything else is done. You'd get a better idea then I think.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 19:44:48 PM »
I love the middle one on the bottom row, but I do agree with @Helen M that it might be best to wait until the walls, cooker and tiles are done.  I bet you want to get on with it straight away though!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 19:54:16 PM »
I'd wait until the cooker is done, then pick the one with the best match for the blue.  I've found it really difficult with a proper blue, as so may fabrics are currently duck egg, not blue.
I'm not a lot of help really, as I'd go for a plain colour too  :P

Sheilago

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 20:08:50 PM »
I’d go for the one to the left of the jelly beans, I think. The one to the right is also a good match. It sounds like it’s going to be lovely.  :D

Lachica

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 20:48:20 PM »
I vote for top right, but I'm not a pattern person. I'd also wait until the other bits are in place before buying though.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.