The Sewing Place

Catching up, again!

sewmuchmore

Catching up, again!
« on: August 10, 2021, 17:23:32 PM »
I must try and post what i have made when i make it rather than bore you to death with my catchups, but here goes with my panic sews before i went away.

First is a couple of Style Arc Autumn dresses, i have had this pattern for quite a while so decided to give it a go. When you read the reviews they all mention the back pleat and how confusing it is. On first inspection it did look rather confusing and i did ponder long and hard over it. I decided to colour code the markings rather than try and follow the letters and this worked a treat. If you decide to make it don't try and follow the diagram, it doesn't work.

Second is a simple wrap skirt using vintage curtain fabric by Habitat, originally designed for the V&A. I have had this for about 40 years, it was a piece left over from some trousers I made in my early 20’s.

The other 2 skirts are from a McCalls pattern, basically 2 rectangles with pleats but I have added side seam pockets and put in a centre back seam for the zip.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

sewmuchmore

Re: Catching up, again!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 17:25:03 PM »
Rest of photos.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 18:00:28 PM »
Wow these are lovely @sewmuchmore .You have been busy. I particularly like the V&A fabric!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

charley

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 21:09:28 PM »
I love vintage Habitat fabric, it was so good.. I found a pair of curtains of vintage Habitat, (4 lengths) designed by Terence Conran called 'Jack's House', beautiful, I used it for quilt backing for grand children, and niece's children too. I keep looking out for more. Lovely skirt.