The Sewing Place

How to price a machine

Gernella

Re: How to price a machine
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 10:32:27 AM »
Actually my first Pfaff  Expression was bought as a demonstrator with around £100 off.  When I started delving into the packing I found a receipt for another buyer in the Isle of Man, which they had obviously not seen when it was repacked for me. I wasn't that fussed because at that time there were 10 year guarantees on Pfaff machines and I had that in writing from them.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 13:23:42 PM »
Usually in this country if you buy a demo machine through a dealer you get the full guarantee so it can be a good way of buying.

Bill

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 09:58:22 AM »
I am starting to wonder what kind of life my machine has had...and how long it's lead that life.
I noticed some pretty hefty score marks under the big foot (no not the abominable snowman) and @Lowena said she bought hers 5? years ago. Could my brother be an elderly overworked and abused wreck with a spit and polish to hide its history?  :scream: :scream: :scream:
Hope not. It's been running beautifully so far.
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Cazlyn

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2021, 19:46:30 PM »
@Bill I hope not.  Hopefully if it’s working well it should be ok. 
Crafting is my happy place

Bill

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2021, 19:56:36 PM »
I found the original delivery note on the box...it was delivered to the shop in June this year. It's only a few months old. Phew.
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things