The Sewing Place

My crochet project

justpottering

My crochet project
« on: August 12, 2021, 15:37:24 PM »
I have made half a double bed size throw and am a good way through the second half (about 70 rows to do.
Stitches used are: double crochet, treble stitch, griddle stitch, v stitch, bobble stitch, granny stripe, berry stitch, half treble, shell stitch, wide treble, and puff stitch.
The plan is then to crochet stitch them together changing colours to match, then there will be a 10 round border to include half treble, double crochet, trebles, granny stripe and bobble stitch

The first half took six weeks of evening crochet whilst half watching tele, the second half got started on holiday in July and is about two thirds done I think the huge area for the ten rounds of border will take as long too

I wanted a) to use up some wool, b) to try lots of different stitches and c) make something useful although I doubt if we’ll use it on our bed - too warm - but it might sit on the spare bed, or my niece might want it when she sees it as she loves this kind of thing

I’ve enjoyed every minute of this project so far and have seen a lot of improvement in my crochet along the way I think I’ll miss it when it’s finished!

Disappointingly the photo doesn’t do justice to the brightness of the colours but you can get the gist
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 15:40:03 PM by justpottering »
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Ellabella

Re: My crochet project
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 18:14:37 PM »
Looks lovely @justpottering , what a good way of expanding your skills and using up your leftovers.

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 22:43:25 PM »
How lovely!

Esme866

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 03:23:46 AM »
I really love the varying texture of the crocheting. Using  the different stitches would prevent me from getting bored ( my worst nemesis for crochet and knitting!)

justpottering

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 07:38:03 AM »
Same here Esme, it's kept my interest all the way through  :thumbsup:
JP

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 08:54:23 AM »
@justpottering , that is lovely!!  I love your selection of colours! 

I've often wondered about doing something like that to increase my range of crochet stitches which are very few. 

I may try a baby sized one (my favourite size!), like you, to get rid of some of the random balls of wool I have...

Thank you so much for the idea.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

justpottering

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 09:48:12 AM »
Jessie I did something similar when my great niece was due it was a carry cot size and although that was 10 years ago the idea came to me again the problem is I don’t know anyone with a little one at the moment so a bigger useful one was in order  0_0
JP