The Sewing Place

Brother Innov-is 1800Q

Lowena

Re: Brother Innov-is 1800Q
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 16:58:27 PM »
Yes, it took me years to realise you can't get inside the machine with the extension table on  :| I always have the extension table on and so never thought about it  :|
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bill

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 17:29:08 PM »
Right, first things first. @Gernella 's requested pics.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I've discovered a fix of sorts for my presser foot dilemma.
I have to first press the presser foot button to lower the presser foot and then I can raise it with the presser foot lever. It's a bit of a faff but I can live with that.
Tried using the knee lifter today. It's too weird  :laughing:
Getting the needle plate off. Yep, the A150 had the same quirk. It didn't need a screwdriver too though.
I've discovered it's missing the supplied needle set. No big loss. I've plenty here. :)

I really need to crack on with sanding that filler down and painting over it. I'd rather be sewing though  :P

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 05:46:48 AM by Iminei »
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 17:40:21 PM »
Looks fabulous.  :loveit:

I love my 1300 and the needle threader is the best I’ve ever used. <happy sigh>  :dance:

Are there any bits in the other accessory box at the back? I can’t remember if mine had anything in it or not?

SkoutSews

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 18:07:20 PM »
Oh, very nice! Persevere with the knee lift. You're right, it feels completely ridiculous at first, then becomes automatic, after which you will never take it off.

Bill

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 18:12:22 PM »

Are there any bits in the other accessory box at the back? I can’t remember if mine had anything in it or not?

Mines an ex demo model so little is where it was in the original packaging. But nah, 'tis empty. I can't think of anything to stick in there either. Maybe a choccy bar?  :D

Surest1tch

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2021, 18:17:51 PM »
Ooooh that looks fabulous  :thumbsup:

Gernella

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2021, 18:42:08 PM »
Wow that is fabulous looking @Bill well impressed with that. Looks like you've had the polish around it.  Main thing is, are you happy with it after a little play.

Love the toys, I have a teddy and reindeer (bought as a gift at Christmas but couldn't part) teddy won in the church raffle, they offered to let me choose something else but I wasn't parting.

The decorating is a beggar when you have something luscious to play with. ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2021, 18:52:28 PM »
I don't think I could cope with a knee lift. Needle threaded is ace.....thread cutter ...not so much  :thinking:

Bill

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2021, 19:11:23 PM »
I've had no problems with the thread cutter so far. It leaves 2 inches of thread from the needle eyelet.

Teddy's are 40th birthday presents from my daughters and will hopefully last as long as Ted the bear. He's 45!

The machine was that clean when I received it but, despite the seller saying it was serviced, it wasn't as sparkly clean under the bonnet as I'd have liked. That'd been rectified.  :) It's running smooth as melted butter though.

Ellabella

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 21:24:06 PM »
I never got on with the knee lift until I was sewing scrubs, by the time I had finished my third batch it was second nature.

The other day when using the OL I found myself pressing the desk leg with my knee and wondering why the pressure foot wasn’t lifting.

Lowena

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2021, 21:53:27 PM »
I've never even thought to try the knee lift. When would it be useful please?

Bill

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 23:09:03 PM »
Broke my first needle on this machine.
I selected one of the side to side stitches completely forgetting I had a straight stitch foot on. Awesome.  :rolleyes:

Ellabella

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2021, 23:43:34 PM »
I've never even thought to try the knee lift. When would it be useful please?

When you need 3 hand @Lowena. There are times when I need to have both hands on my sewing to make sure the needle goes into the exact position I want it to.

Once you get used to using it, it makes things a little quicker too.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2021, 08:35:03 AM »
I use the knee lifter constantly for every project.

As @Ellabella says, it’s like having a third hand.  When you’re sewing a seam and you need to make a tiny adjustment, I knock the knee lifter with my right leg a tiny fraction to lift the foot slightly and adjust the fabric with both hands whilst continuing sewing. It makes sewing around corners a doddle.

Bill

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2021, 14:59:33 PM »
I've been using the knee lifter today. It's a brill wee gadget!
There seems to be built in/pre programmed amount of lift from it. Just enough to maneuver fabric under the foot. Knock it once to lower the foot then knock and hold to the right to position said fabric and then let go to carry on sewing.
Is that what everyone else experiences?