The Sewing Place

Has anyone got a Janome 6700/ should be I am not buying a new machine

Celia

Re: Has anyone got a Janome 6700/ should be I am not buying a new machine
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2021, 09:22:33 AM »
Thank you everyone for the encorougment, I am going on hold until September when my Son will be back at work and I will be here on my own more but I am also going to see if there is anyway I might be able to try a machine before I buy I also need to check the exact measurements, I have a sewEzi table.

The other difficult decision is which machines to sell, I will keep 1 extra and I think that will be either the staight stitch machine or the baby Bernina, I don’t want to decide get rid of the straight stitch until I am convinced the new one will cope with all of the fabrics and layers etc. Especially for top stitching.

Looks like it will be the Husqvarna sewing/embroidery machine that is leaving the building, it is the newest so I do feel a bit guilty. I love the machine but I really don’t enjoy doing embroidery anymore  and as @KayK said it can be too clever.

Gernella

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
I'm not being pushy @Celia but:

Arm space 25.5cm
Weight 11.5kg approx.
Machine Dimensions: W 516mm x H 300mm x D 220mm
Large LCD Screen (78.5 x 47.5mm)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2021, 10:39:56 AM »
Thank you @Gernella the difficult measurement is the width it is a very tight fit, it will depend on where the actual feet are the platform it sits on is only 50cms my existing machine is 49 cms and would fit well except you can’t change the bobbin.   I don’t really want to buy a new table.

Maybe if some who has one could tell me if the feet are right on the edge at the right hand side, thanks

SkoutSews

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2021, 10:56:10 AM »
I've just measured and the 6700p feet are 5cm in from the right edge of the machine.

Gernella

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »
Thank you @Gernella    I don’t really want to buy a new table.

Don't let a table stand in the way of your heart's desire @Celia ;, they are as cheap as chips for folding tables and can hold immense amounts of weight, plus easy to collapse and get out of the way if required.  Lots of room even for a large quilting table, which I don't do unless forced.

Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2021, 14:24:22 PM »
@SkoutSews Thank you so much that really helps, I am off to check my table as soon as I finish lunch, I really am getting more keen with everything I read or watch  about this machine.

@Gernella I do have other folding tables but this one is good as my big chair sits under it and the room is sooo small but I am sure I can get around it.

Gernella

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2021, 18:41:17 PM »
Sounds like an expansion plan is required @Celia

KayK

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2021, 22:23:57 PM »
 @Celia A few pics may to help! One shows the machine set up, table on and how long the whole lot is.
Another shows a stitch sample - I wanted to make a stitch library, as some of them look soooo much better in the flesh than they do on the chart! (sewn on very cheap black cotton with embroidery machine thread)
The other pic shows the super-high foot raise

I'm not really an enabler (much!) :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 22:28:23 PM by KayK »
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Celia

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2021, 22:54:35 PM »
Ohhh that looks lovely @KayK  I am now super super tempted. :dance:

Marniesews

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2021, 23:29:04 PM »
I can definitely see why you desire it,  :loveit:

Fortunately it has no power over me as my current finances have even blocked the daydream mode which can lead me astray. That's fine, it's very clear cut so it's a pain-free zone. As for you, if you can afford it, go for it and savour every pennyworth of pleasure with no regrets!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 05:41:47 AM »
@Celia  ... After the year you have had so far ... you deserve it! Go for it Girl!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »
Thank you @Iminei I do think a new different machine will give me a bit of a lift and hopefully if I can sell at least one or possibly 2 of the others it won’t cost too much

annieeg

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 09:33:27 AM »
That 6700 looks fantastic  :perfect10:

Gernella

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 10:11:58 AM »
Ohhh that looks lovely @KayK  I am now super super tempted. :dance:

That looks about the size of my Husqvarna Grand Quilter  with the table on so similar to the Janome 1600P you have @Celia (I think).  It's about an inch longer than my purple Pfaff.

Really nice looking machine though, you wouldn't say no to that very easily.

Celia

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2021, 19:15:35 PM »
Nearly decided but do I trade in my Husqvarna topaz 40 or try to sell on flea bay or something?