The Sewing Place

Has anyone got a Janome 6700/ should be I am not buying a new machine

Cazlyn

Re: Has anyone got a Janome 6700/ should be I am not buying a new machine
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2021, 19:53:14 PM »
@Celia where are you going to buy it from?  I’d contact them and ask if they do part exchange to see how much you could get off your new machine.  If not then perhaps try fleabay.
Crafting is my happy place

Helen M

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2021, 19:57:21 PM »
Maybe try to sell yourself before purchasing the new one, even if it's just to test the market, BUT I'd be very tempted to do a trade in as then it's gone which is really what you want to happen and quickly........
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

KayK

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2021, 20:09:27 PM »
@CeliaI've been pretty successful on Facebook marketplace "Preloved Sewing Machines for sale" rather than fleabay.  I do sometimes worry about part ex as they will sometimes give you two thirds of bugger all, or are not interested!  Good luck with whatever you do!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Iminei

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2021, 05:48:21 AM »
I asked how much the decent local dealer to me (Salisbury) would give me for Elvis when I was buying Elvistoo and he advised me to try and sell privately ...

which I did (faceache, fleabays fees are too much these days) I got £550 for him where they would have offered me £300 and it and me feel good about it all .. I waited until I had sold before I bought the new one.

Your machines are always beautifully looked after, so a good ad, lots of pics and you'll be away ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2021, 08:57:51 AM »
Thanks everyone for your opinion re selling, I think I will go down the route of selling privately.
Good to hear your experience @Iminei the only downside is there is still a shortage of machines and apparently this dealer only has one, not sure I believe it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 15:20:33 PM by Celia »

Gernella

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2021, 10:21:46 AM »

Good to hear your experience @Iminei the only downside is there is still a shortage of machines and apparently this dealer only has one, not sure I believe it.

Well there are a lot of sites  where some machines are advertised @Celia but marked as out of stock.  I think a lot depends on the dealer and how much he sells.  This machine seems to be in stock in most places (probably because a high value machine) so you can always move to another dealer, especially if they are offering incentives.

I've usually used SMD because I'm happy to buy without trying and Russell is good for bartering. If you don't ask you don't get.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2021, 15:25:37 PM »
See the today thread ………….  :dance:

Elnnina

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2021, 16:57:30 PM »
Excellent news Ceila, here is to a wonderful time sewing with your new machine.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2021, 18:52:04 PM »
Yay, well done!

SkoutSews

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2021, 19:52:18 PM »
 :thumbsup: Excellent! I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it.