The Sewing Place

Sewing any of these Winter trends?

SewRuthieSews

Sewing any of these Winter trends?
« on: August 17, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »
I can see some of these being quite wearable, anything you fancy sewing?

https://40plusstyle.com/winter-2021-fashion-trends/

toileandtrouble

Re: Sewing any of these Winter trends?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 13:23:54 PM »
Hm.  Real clothes.  Can't see cutouts in a northern winter though! Nasty feeling most of them would look better if I had less bust, less waist...
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 14:17:32 PM »
Sadly I didn't see anything there that I fancied at all. Hopefully there will be more........
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Starryfish

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 14:28:55 PM »
I'm planning a midi dress that's about it. Most of my out of the house activities take place in draughty not that well heated village halls; off the shoulder, no sleeves, cutout fabrics would leave me with hypothermia. Layers are my friend, some places I haven't even taken my coat off. I do like very long overcoats but I don't need a new coat this winter.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

dolcevita

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 15:05:08 PM »
So, so much there for me, and much of it ready and waiting in my stash.
Matchy matchy hasn't been my thing for some time, but if nicely put together is the same as carefully coordinated, then yes. I find it one of the hardest things - well put together but casual and not looking as though you've tried too hard.
Dark denim - yup, at least 2 new pairs of jeans needed as I've nearly worn my last ones to death.
Animal print - when did it ever not look good?! A rhetorical question as I will still wear it no matter how old I get!
Bold leather - gorgeous, but restricted to handbags and accessories for me.
Metallics - love 'em, but not gold.
Off the shoulder - perhaps. Needs some thought.
Asymmetric - brilliant for necklines and I have some in my tops.
White shirts - as before, since when was a white shirt not great? I'd like to make at least two in the next few months, one nice and oversized in super crisp cotton.
Silk and satin - sigh. Love, love, love it. I have a silky satin top fabric and pattern in my queue, in ivory and yellow.

Bring it on ! :loveit:

BriarRose

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 15:27:11 PM »
After many months of being at home, you’re probably ready to swap your loungewear for some more fashion-forward looks.

Well, no...

It's just fabric. We can out-think it.

dolcevita

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 15:49:18 PM »
I never swapped into loungewear. I really enjoyed being the best dressed shopper at Aldi during lockdown!

Helen M

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 16:05:27 PM »
I never swapped into loungewear. I really enjoyed being the best dressed shopper at Aldi during lockdown!

I didn't either!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 16:13:43 PM »
I might have done when I was much, much younger but definitely not these days. It was nice to see what I think was a plus size model in the pictures though

mudcat

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 17:10:32 PM »
I thought it was all over the place.  Too many suits.  There was a handful of things I liked.  I may make a few things for winter but I already have SA patterns for that.

Clareew

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 20:30:02 PM »
I love to see that the sweater vest (ie knitted waistcoat) is making a comeback.  I have a pattern for a mohair one I made back in 1980 and would love to revisit it.

dolcevita

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2021, 20:31:53 PM »
I love to see that the sweater vest (ie knitted waistcoat) is making a comeback.  I have a pattern for a mohair one I made back in 1980 and would love to revisit it.

I remember mohair being quite a thing in the 80s, but it's so itchy! I love the look of it but on me, I look like I have fleas as I scratch so much!

Lachica

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2021, 20:57:40 PM »
I knitted a mohair jumper in the 80's too, it was so itchy I hardly wore it.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2021, 21:12:57 PM »
I love to see that the sweater vest (ie knitted waistcoat) is making a comeback. 

With my UK vocabulary I read 'sweater vest' as a a jumper that could be worn as an undergarment - ie the long sleeved M&S thermals that I already have several of in different colours.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2021, 22:00:40 PM »
yeah the good old tank tops making a comeback.
Must be trendy, we went to a get together with OHs family recently, and a young trendy niece was wearing what looked like a sleeveless cricket pullover