The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places Autumnal Equinox Mug Rug Swap 2021

Catllar

Re: The Sewing Places Autumnal Equinox Mug Rug Swap 2021
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 21:38:14 PM »
I'll sit this one out - September will be busy for me I reckon.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

twopence

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 21:48:03 PM »
Think i'll have to sit this one out too as I seem to be very busy with our move.

bec

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 22:01:27 PM »
I'm in too :)

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 06:06:25 AM »
Thank you girls for all your support, I am collating who's in just a bit busy at the moment ... Saturday or Sunday I'll be back on line.

Remember the more the merrier for this swap .....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bill

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 14:41:25 PM »
I'll have a crack at this. There's a first time for everything.

Are we allowed to pm our victims to find out their interests etc so the mug rugs can be tailored/personalized for them?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 14:47:30 PM by Bill »
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Lilian

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 15:20:21 PM »
I'll have a crack at this. There's a first time for everything.

Are we allowed to pm our victims to find out their interests etc so the mug rugs can be tailored/personalized for them?

It is kept secret (no pm'ing)  :ninja: that's what I like about it  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 16:47:01 PM »
@Bill the mug rugs are supposed to be on an Autumn theme....hence the title of this thread.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bill

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2021, 17:03:21 PM »
@Lowena I was thinking along the lines of incorporating someone's interests etc in an autumn theme. But, a surprise it shall be.  :)
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Lilian

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2021, 17:50:16 PM »
@Lowena I was thinking along the lines of incorporating someone's interests etc in an autumn theme. But, a surprise it shall be.  :)

I usually do a bit of searching of posts to see what someone likes, unless I already know.
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2021, 13:35:03 PM »
@Iminei I know you're busy working but would you please confirm that you got my pm sent a few days ago, confirming my participation and address. I know you've been on here since I sent it and I'm just checking it hasn't been missed.

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2021, 20:27:37 PM »
Nobodies been missed ... Im home tomorrow and will post a list of participants .. so far!

Thx for understanding my insane hours ... it will all be over after Tuesday! and back to some normality.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

So Chic

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 16:15:09 PM »
I'm too late to join in but I would like to have a go at making a mug rug but where do I find the instructions?  All I seem to find is patterns but no instructions.  I would be grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 16:49:26 PM »
I'm too late to join in but I would like to have a go at making a mug rug but where do I find the instructions?  All I seem to find is patterns but no instructions.  I would be grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.

Try YouTube.

There are lots of step by step tutorials on there so find the search function (looks like a magnifying glass) and type in mug rug, mug mat or coaster. Then have a look through and see if any of them appeal to you.

Usually underneath the box showing the video there’s a little down arrow (opposite to this shape ^) and if you click on that you’ll find a link to patterns and fabrics used. Most but not all of the patterns are free but they will advise you.

Here’s one I just found that has a free pattern link too.  I’ve added the link to the pattern underneath in case you struggle to get the link to work. Apologies if I’m ‘teaching granny to suck eggs’ but as I don’t know what technology you’re using or your level of expertise, I’m hoping it will be of some help to you.  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/Q7hbF8NNGfI

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETUN_Z7sF6Ep_xK8V35gFSbR_b7Pn5Ux/view

This is a link to Lisa’s list of mug rug tutorials on YouTube to save you trying to find it…

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbK4Frmd7S5edQ7FicJ5Wrdh04kWqjRO3

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 16:54:47 PM by WildAtlanticWay »
  • bec likes this

Sheilago

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2021, 17:35:55 PM »
I'm too late to join in but I would like to have a go at making a mug rug but where do I find the instructions? 

You’re not too late @So Chic . You can sign up until 31 August. The more the merrier ! :D

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2021, 18:24:15 PM »
@So Chic you're not too late to join in. I haven't any idea as to what I'm going to make yet  :thinking: