The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places Autumnal Equinox Mug Rug Swap 2021

Lachica

Re: The Sewing Places Autumnal Equinox Mug Rug Swap 2021
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2021, 19:33:03 PM »
@Iminei not hand embroidery, I can't remember where the design came from, it might be a built-in one on my machine or I may have bought it from Urban Threads many years ago. I'm in awe of the beautiful mitred corners on many of these, I was going to try it but my binding fabric was only just big enough to get straight binding & Celia will already have noticed the hand stitched ends. It's just occurred to me I could have cut down the square to make it fit  :rolleyes:
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Cazlyn

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2021, 20:28:18 PM »
Glad you like it @Iminei   I’ll post a picture of my next patchwork when I’ve finished it
Crafting is my happy place

Celia

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2021, 20:37:27 PM »
@Iminei not hand embroidery, I can't remember where the design came from, it might be a built-in one on my machine or I may have bought it from Urban Threads many years ago. I'm in awe of the beautiful mitred corners on many of these, I was going to try it but my binding fabric was only just big enough to get straight binding & Celia will already have noticed the hand stitched ends. It's just occurred to me I could have cut down the square to make it fit  :rolleyes:

Ah ha I thought it was you, it is lovely and a very pretty design.

@Lowena yes you are right the woven one was to encourage you to think about it :loveit:  but actually was the first and I thought it might not be good enough for a swop.  It also looks like the binding on the sewn one has puffed up again, I managed to press it down but the journey must have been a bit too much for it. :laughing:

Lowena

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2021, 21:03:36 PM »
@Celia the binding is behaving perfectly, it was me shuffling it about so I could photograph it  :| that bugg messed it up  :|
I'm seriously thinking about the weaving now I've seen what beauty can be achieved.
Everyone has really raised the bar this time, it's amazing how different they all look. Variety is the spice of life  ;)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

BrendaP

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2021, 21:54:10 PM »
@BrendaP it is French knitting and each one surprisingly needed 2 metres!

2 metres of French knitting!  Where's the wow emoji!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2021, 06:46:27 AM »
Ok peeps,

What a wionderful round up of creations! Just beautiful ... Loved the Cat .... and the Leaves .. and the Celtic Cros .... Loved ALL of them, especially Mine, All mine My precious!

We are just waiting on one MugRug to arrive, should be today @Kitten  and, if Im right here, Two peeps to post pictures of theirs come on @William  and @Ploshkin !!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

William

« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2021, 17:21:28 PM »
Thank You!! I feel honoured! The stitching is absolutely fabulous!
Having seen postings here now i have some interesting ideas now for next year!
Again, Dankeschön!
WD
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 19:50:09 PM by William »
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Kitten

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2021, 17:34:59 PM »
 :dance: I've received two lovely mug rugs.  They were definately worth the wait.
Thank you @Sheilago I think the hedgehog is my favorite, so good.  :perfect10:
There was also a lovely card.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sheilago

« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2021, 18:30:17 PM »
Glad they’ve arrived safely after their long complicated journey. So pleased that you like them. I made the hedgehog first: it being a sort of autumnal animal . I then decided he needed a friend - so you can use them if you have a friend for an autumn cuppa. :D :drink: :drink:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 18:54:44 PM by Sheilago »

Lilian

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2021, 19:02:01 PM »
They are gorgeous @Kitten definitely was worth the wait!  I like the hedgehog a lot  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Ploshkin

« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2021, 19:20:47 PM »
... and sorry for the delay but this is my beautiful mug rug from @Stitchalot
I've never had any desire for an embroidery machine but if I was thinking about it this would have decided me.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lilian

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2021, 19:30:44 PM »
I feel the same about embroidery machines @Ploshkin , never had the desire, but seeing all these beautiful mug rugs, does make me wonder  -< but I don't have room  :\  That is a very lovely mug rug.

Lachica

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2021, 20:21:57 PM »
@Ploshkin @Lilian rather than a stand alone embroidery machine, you could look at one with a removable embroidery module. Mine is the Pfaff Creative 3 (lots of other makes are available). The embroidery module is easy to clip on.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lilian

« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2021, 22:16:33 PM »
Thanks @Lachica I didn't realize you could get modules. I am happy with the machines I have and there won't be a module for my elna, it is too old/basic for that. :\

Iminei

« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2021, 06:02:34 AM »
@Stitchalot @Ploshkin  ... That is beautiful, Is it stitched on felt ??
and how are the edges done?

Well theyre all in now and you can find the Album in the Darkside Galleries, along with many others
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:20:42 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again