The Sewing Place

Babylock Evolve BLE8W - compatability?

toileandtrouble

Re: Babylock Evolve BLE8W - compatability?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 17:28:37 PM »
@annieeg  Rethread so all are different colours.  You will soon see which one is at fault.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Helen M

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2021, 20:01:32 PM »
I'd try it on 2 layers of something like cotton sheeting with different coloured thread. I keep some bits specially cut for this when things don't  seem right.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

annieeg

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2021, 15:59:03 PM »
Hi again
I checked and it seems its the upper looper thread which is the problem.  The machine does overlock, and cut, but the upper looper thread is really loose and I can pull it out from the stitching.  The lower looper and needle stitching are secure.  Not sure how to resolve this.... :(

Elnnina

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2021, 16:42:18 PM »
I do not have a Babylock overlocker but have you checked that there is nothing in the thread path particularly up near the tension area that is blocking the thread from going in its correct path a lump of fluff or something like that?  Next if that is all clear why not try tightening up the tension dial - well it must have something that you can tighten or loosen if necessary, and then start at the lowest setting and gradually work up through until you get a good even stitch.    Otherwise I suppose it is off to a dealer that deals with Babylock.  It probably is just something very obvious, it is just spotting what is wrong and then putting it right.  Good luck.

Ellabella

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2021, 16:47:03 PM »
I would floss the tension disks with some firmish fabric and check you are threading with the pressure foot up and sewing with it down.
I know the last  bit sounds patronising but it’s so easy to miss as I know only too well.

annieeg

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2021, 17:05:18 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  Somehow I think the subsidary looper is "engaged", when it shoudn't be (if I've understood the manual correctly).  I can't see how to flip it back  :(

Celia

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2021, 17:07:23 PM »
The baby lock Evolve does not have tension discs or in fact any tensions it works in a different way, having said that do check there is nothing caught that you can see, does the thread pull through easily when the foot is up and not when the foot is down, that is what is supposed to happen.

What settings do you have the machine on, maybe a picture of the machine might help.   Just wish I could magic it here.

Celia

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2021, 17:08:18 PM »
Ok I cross posted with you, if that is the problem it is easy solved can you just snap a quick photo so I can check

@annieeg i have attached a picture that might help you
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 17:23:15 PM by Celia »

annieeg

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2021, 18:11:37 PM »
Thanks @Celia.  I'll send pic tomorrow morning.
(Can't quite see yr photo - do u have a link fr the manua

Celia

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2021, 19:08:46 PM »
Sorry can’t link as it’s in my own files,  if you click on my photo it should be larger.

StitchinTime

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2021, 19:42:41 PM »
 @annieeg I think this a link to a PDF of the manual from which the photo@Celia posted seems to be taken. I think the details are on page 29.
https://babylock.com/resources/7612/download

Celia

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2021, 20:13:26 PM »
That is the manual, it is for a different machine but they have the same part, I will try to find a manual for the Evolve if you don’t have one @annieeg

annieeg

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2021, 22:49:39 PM »
@Celia@StitchinTime   Thanks so much - again - for your support and help.  I have managed to dis-engage the subsidiary looper but the stitching is still not right.  I'm closing down now and will re-thread from the beginning tomorrow to see if I can get it running properly.
Another update to follow (if you're not all bored to death with this saga ... 8))
Annie x

Celia

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »
That’s fine @annieeg  as I said a photo of the machine might help, it really is rare for these machines to go wrong

annieeg

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2021, 11:23:53 AM »
@Celia
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]