The Sewing Place

Nice lining?

jen

Nice lining?
« on: August 25, 2021, 16:37:52 PM »
Who is good for purchase of a nice lining fabric, to go in a lighter coat? Not the harsh stuff, something you’re not feeling apologetic over when you hang your coat over the back of your chair when getting coffee and cake  :laughing:
I’m trying to get something like a cornflour blue, but slightly towards the turquoise, probably impossible to match but one can dream.

Silver Rose

Re: Nice lining?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 16:50:27 PM »
Minerva have some pretty lining fabrics and a few more expensive fancy tailoring ones. I just bought a silver grey habotai lining for the skirt I am making from them, it is being delivered tomorrow.
Still learning

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 19:32:04 PM »
There's this or this or maybe something with a nice print like this?.

At a more affordable price Minerva do seem to have the best selection; Bemberg/cupro is probably the nicest.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

jen

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 20:35:38 PM »
Thanks, Brenda and Silver Rose - the Joel options aren’t in my grap :'(, but I’m going to look into Minerva if tomorrow’s trip to Lorient doesn’t come up trumps.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 20:54:18 PM »
@jen you are probably sorted by now, I've been away so only just seen your post, but Fabworks have some nice fabric that can be used as lining here
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Missie

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 10:20:06 AM »
I've just seen this too.  Cupro or bemberg is always my go to lining. Macculloch and Wallis usually have a good range of colours.  Or as alternative, have you thought about a lightweight patterned satin as a lining.  I love a funky lining in a coat and the latter would definitely be what I would go for.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 13:51:35 PM »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 13:57:21 PM »
@HenriettaMaria last time I looked they didn’t have many patterned ones.  But what a fab selection now!   

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 14:04:05 PM »
I like a nice lining! A little while back Immanuel's had a great selection of fabulous linings at very good prices and I scooped up a few metres of several  different colours. This was on their FB site. If I were looking for linings again I would message them via FB as they always have lots of fabrics which they don't necessarily list on their website or FB so that may be worth a try.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde