The Sewing Place

Crochet cowl

CraftyIrish

Crochet cowl
« on: September 03, 2021, 08:06:51 AM »
Made a cowl for myself then a friend asked for one.

Pattern link

the peach one was the first i made i didn't like it until i made the second one and realised i didn't read the pattern right about putting little stitches in to hold the braids together. The first one i done to tight.

Pics
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

b15erk

Re: Crochet cowl
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »
Love those Cowls @CraftyIrish !  I will have to have a good look at that pattern to see if it's easy enough for me.  It would be lovely for the winter.

Many, many thanks for the link!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »
post a pic here if you make it.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
I've just had a quick look @CraftyIrish , and it looks very do-able.  I'm actually just finishing the border on a Corner to corner baby blanket, and the border on that uses the same method - looks like a sideways knit stitch.

I will certainly post pics - I need to find some suitable yarn first... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 08:53:53 AM »
They look knitted.  I don't crochet.  Do you do the strips separately, like an octopus then plait them before doing the end tab?
Life's too short for ironing.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 09:14:10 AM »
You crochet the first one then add chains on and continue once you have 4 long strands, then join the for tabs together. You then braid it and join them together.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 09:16:13 AM by CraftyIrish »
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web