The Sewing Place

Quilt Labels?

rubywishes

Re: Quilt Labels?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »
I don't label "my" quilts but the ones I made for the grandchildren have labels...simply a piece of contrasting fabric with info written on then slip stitched to the back corner or the quilt. I might add that these labels were done after I got a firm talking to by the "Dark Side Ninjas" (or DSN's for short!) :ninja: some time back.
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

wrenkins

Re: Quilt Labels?
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »
I've never seen a flower that didn't suit it's foliage.  :flower:
As for quilt labels...I haven't got that far yet but I have done cross stitch wedding samplers for both my sisters-in-law and I wrote little inscriptions on the back. The one in America made me laugh because when she decorates her bedroom she takes the sampler down to paint, reads the inscription and has a little weep because she misses us all so much.  :D Once the room is done, order is restored.  :drink:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!