The Sewing Place

AUTUMN SOCK KNIT ALONG. 2023 New

Flobear

Re: SEPTEMBER/ OCTOBER SOCK KNIT ALONG
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2021, 09:20:41 AM »
I've just found out that there's some new chunky yarn at the little shop in Tintern so may have to mosey along there for a look-see. One of the patterns I have in mind for slipper socks is chunky and I rarely use it so don't have a stash to use up.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »
This is the beginning of my next sock.  I wanted a textured pattern because the yarn is plain coloured (slightly mottled with a very few black flecks)
I really don't love it and I think they will end up looking like bedsocks. I may well go back to the drawing board and go for something plainer like a rib.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2021, 09:56:18 AM »
It’s a pretty pattern but not sure how comfortable it will be to wear, are you thinking of doing a plain sole to the

Ploshkin

« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »
Yes, it would have a plain sole and toe.  I've just about convinced myself to start again.  Usually, if I'm wavering about something, I ditch it.

Flobear

« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2021, 12:28:37 PM »
What about something more cabley? You've knitted Aran patterns and could easily adapt, I'm sure.

Ploshkin

« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2021, 12:41:46 PM »
Idleness @Flobear I I can't be bothered with a 5th needle.  I keep losing one anyway.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2021, 13:56:40 PM »
@Ploshkin I'm knitting The Essential Cable socks which is a free downloadable pattern on LoveCrafts.  It's all in stocking stitch apart from a single cable, knit across 6 stitches, down the outside.  I knit these on circular needles. 

Iminei

« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2021, 10:47:02 AM »
Well Ive been completely @Stitched up  !!!

A lil bundle of joy popped through my letterbox this morning and despite scouring this thread High and Low I can find no post by Stitches to indicate she has been participating in this contest ? thread ?

So Im going to add Stitches contribution ... knitted by herself using a lovely multicolour (?) Schafpate (mmmnnn Schaf pate ... delicious) yarn (? )  a fashionably late Surprise Birthday Pressie for Imi  (thats ME!)

They look glorious, lovely colours and almost starlike fleck and they FIT!

I was a bit concerned about any potential Itchosity, particularly with my 'Orrible Psoriatic skin but Ive had them on for over half an hour and so far they are wonderful, not itchy at all and lovely and soft!

I dont know what ve done to deserve them, but Thank you so much @Stitches  , Im thrilled with them.  :hug:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2021, 12:02:06 PM »
They are fabulous @Iminei and @Stitches.   :perfect10:

Yesterday I wore a new pair of mine made in this wool https://www.marrineryarns.com/knitting-yarns/marriner-cosy-toes-4-ply-sock-yarn-100g-91.asp they are lovely and soft, maybe a little thinner than some of the others but in a good way, ie fit in tighter shoes boots etc.  the only downside is they don’t do any plain colours and I am into striped socks at the moment. :loveit:

Greybird

« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2021, 12:29:31 PM »
Good afternoon all! We are back from the hospital in Bath - there for OH's CT scan. Very quiet and not many people about. Not sure if my brother is coming later on his way back from Cornwall. If he does I shall get a Chinese takeaway delivered this evening because I am Old Mother Hubbard until Tesco's come on Monday. I have just enough to scrape through tomorrow with.

Not sure what I shall do for the rest of the weekend - maybe wander from room to room and see what strikes me.

Sorry to hear about all of you with colds - hope you all feel better soon.

realale

« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »
Oooh, @Celia that link has rekindled my desire to knit some socks. I really liked the designs on that site.
But I must finish the sock wool I have first - I'm not really in love with it and think that is why I'm having such difficulty getting going. But mustn't waste it......
So many beers, so little time.

Pearl

« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2021, 14:35:25 PM »
I’ve finished my socks. 

DD knitted me a sock during lockdown, so I’m going to knit it a partner, then I fancy the cable pattern that @coffeeandcake  recommended. 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2021, 15:23:11 PM »
Look nice and cosy @Pearl

Stitches

« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2021, 19:55:10 PM »
My next pair of socks Xmas present

Flobear

« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2021, 20:00:04 PM »
I've just ordered a slipper-bootie pattern and some more Drops Nepal in different colours than the previous socks Well, there are still quite a few more weeks of Strictly left.