The Sewing Place

Lovenotions. Laundry day tee

Didi

Lovenotions. Laundry day tee
« on: June 05, 2017, 17:19:17 PM »
I have been looking for a v neck loose fitting top for a while and last night found this one and I am summing it's very popular by the number of reviews available.

Love that you can just print the size(s) you need and have more or less finished it in a couple of hours just need to do the hems

I used a grey cotton jersey I had in my stash and made the short sleeve version and I really like it and better still it fits and doesn't look like a sack. It's a tiny bit wide on the shoulders but everywhere else is fine I may try grading the next size down or I may just see if it bothers me when I am wearing it

Francesca

Re: Lovenotions. Laundry day tee
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 17:32:04 PM »
I've sewn several. They're so easy to wear!

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 19:10:23 PM »
I've got the pattern but not made it as yet...got any pictures?

Didi

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 20:24:16 PM »
Still need to do the hems and give the neck another good press

( don't look at the mess )

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 20:43:37 PM »
I tried this, but the armholes and sleeves were so tight it's unwearable.  I found the neck was also far too wide and very low too.  It's now had the sleeves cut out and awaiting binding around the enlarged armholes.

Didi

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 21:04:55 PM »
I tried this, but the armholes and sleeves were so tight it's unwearable.  I found the neck was also far too wide and very low too.  It's now had the sleeves cut out and awaiting binding around the enlarged armholes.

I made the adjusted fit version which is wider in the arms than the original I think I could have used the original but I do like the fit of this around my arms. I'm just wondering if the original fit is narrower across the shoulders which would help with fitting I will have to print that version of and try it

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 21:26:02 PM »
Yes, I used the adjusted fit armhole, still too small.   :(

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 21:59:42 PM »
Is it possible that you cut out the armholes for the tank rather than the version with sleeves?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 22:10:35 PM »
Is it possible that you cut out the armholes for the tank rather than the version with sleeves?
No, the tank armholes look huge!  And the sleeves were too tight anyway.

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »
Good.  I was just thinking that using the tank armscye could pull the sleeves in a way that would make the top of them feel tighter.

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
The tank armholes are huge!

I make the adjusted version for a tee, but will try the original version for my next tank.

I also slim the sides down a little now.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 17:10:12 PM »
This afternoon's rescue mission has resulted in a wearable LDT  :)  Whilst looking for tips on how to cut binding strips from jersey, I came across another way to finish the edges of jersey.  A shell stitch on my sewing machine.  So simple.  Having got the dreaded top out again, I realised I hadn't cut the neckhole anyway and I'd cut the sleeves off the size of another sleeveless top.  A quick whizz around the armholes, neckhole and hemhole, and the pocket top edge, pocket attached, and yay, success.  Or almost, as I'd not really cut the neck low enough now, so a bit more snipping and stitching and finally done. The shape/fit is good on me, so just need to alter armholes and the neck on the pattern now.

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 17:13:51 PM »
Exactly how did you do that shell stitch ???
did you cut round afterwards of does the stitch make the shape?
where were you placing the needle ? at the very edge at the start ??

I need to know as I need to finish the 'orrible Japanese Drape Drape (Not!) Dolls top!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 17:24:46 PM »
That looks brilliant.  Love the material, too.  I am filing that idea away for the next time I make a knit top.

I don't necessarily want a t-shirt type band on a top, and it can be really hit and miss as to whether it sits properly or not.  I tend to end up putting a narrow facing on and top stitching, but I like your shell stitch even more.

I've just checked, and my machine does do it.   0_0

Ooh - and great idea Iminei!

Didi

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 18:30:27 PM »
love the shell stitch finish what a brilliant idea