The Sewing Place

Today's leather purse and some vinyl cable tidies

Bodgeitandscarper

Today's leather purse and some vinyl cable tidies
« on: September 14, 2021, 21:20:41 PM »
The purse was an experiment, I didn't want to do a seam around and then turn it inside as I thought it would be too bulky, so with a bit of different placement of pieces in the hoop, I got the seam flat on the edge.  The only slight issue is the ends of the zip where it's cut off right at the edges are a bit "catchy", so a slightly different approach needed next time with the zip.  I got two lines of stitching round the outside by enlarge the design by 2mm and re-stitching the circle.  And I forgot the last two circles really needed matching bobbin thread.  Still got some teeny bits of stabiliser to pick out too.

The cable tidies were a freebie, but altered in size, the original centre pattern removed and my wording added.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Cazlyn

Re: Today's leather purse and some vinyl cable tidies
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 21:23:38 PM »
Nice bits of work, the cable tidies are a good idea.
Crafting is my happy place

Lachica

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 21:49:39 PM »
Lovely work. The purse looks tricky. They're ITH designs? What stabiliser do you use? Presumably the leather is glued onto the hooped stabiliser? I can guess what everyone will be getting for Christmas
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 23:07:32 PM »
They are all so lovely @Bodgeitandscarper and I think a good use for your embroidery machine.  I always like to make something useful :)
Willing but not always able :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 09:11:35 AM »
@Lachica  I used a tear-away stabiliser, hooped, with the leather or vinyl stuck on with temporary adhesive spray.  And they are both in the hoop designs. 
The purse was done by making the back first, then the front, then I glued the back on the bottom of the hoop and stitched the outside lines, then cut around them.

@Lilian yes, I like to make useful things, I can't bring myself to just make for the sake of making!  I had recently fallen out of love with the embroidery machine, but love it again now I've discovered in-the-hoop designs, and leather and vinyl  0_0

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:47:21 AM »
Thanks @Bodgeitandscarper I'm now tempted to buy leather! Will need adhesive spray too. I, too, have not used the embroidery module much lately, this could be a good excuse :D
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.