The Sewing Place

Bench Cushions

fajita

Bench Cushions
« on: September 11, 2021, 14:59:34 PM »
Made a couple of cushions - back and seat. Will do for his mother’s garden bench. Wrong end of the summer, really, but they’ll be ready for next year.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Greybird

Re: Bench Cushions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 15:29:56 PM »
Very nice - beautiful fabric, and what lovely wall paper!

Elnnina

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 15:56:04 PM »
What gorgeous fabric Fajita is this proper curtaining fabric or P&Q fabric?  I have just acquired a summerhouse bought a bargain as the garden centre is closing down.  My lovely son has been assembling this in our garden and has done an excellent job of this, (he used to work at said GC and gave us a nod to it being there which was handy).  So he will be putting a second coat of preservative or whatever they call it on this coming week, and then I have bought all new (but exact match) pieces of door furniture/window stays as some have seen better days.  Think I am going to get some blinds from Ikea to help filter out the brilliant sunshine when we get this, and then I need to think what I am putting in there.  I have saved various pairs of curtains that are suitable for garden use as cushion covers etc., but I do like what you have just made.  So next summer all being well this will get some use.  I have already sat in there last week doing some hand sewing on black, and it was nice sitting in a different position and seeing that part of the garden - luckily we do have a huge garden and it was nice to see parts from a different point of view.

fajita

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 16:38:24 PM »

Elnnina

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 16:46:43 PM »
Thank you Fajita you really have me drooling now.  Just my colours as well.   Oh I do love Malvern, may sound silly but I remember as a child back in the 1950's  having some marmalade called Malvern Hills Marmalade and the jar label was so pretty and coloured and it was a view of the Malvern Hills and they were a bluey mauve - and I was delighted when I actually saw these hills for the first time they are exactly that colour.

twopence

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 20:45:14 PM »
I've also made bench cushions this summer for our garden benches.

fajita

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 21:00:59 PM »
Lovely @twopence Very neat and very pretty.

Esme866

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 01:31:53 AM »
Gorgeous cushions everyone! @fajita those are my colors, too! :dance:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 07:00:05 AM »
Lovely bench cushions everyone.  :grouphug:

I broke a slat on my garden bench. Does that count for anything?   :laughing:

It's been set in our brutal sun for years, the sealant is gone and I got a big surprise when I sat down.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Surest1tch

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 16:09:57 PM »
Nice  :thumbsup:.