The Sewing Place

Grid square

Lilian

Re: Grid square
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 23:58:10 PM »
I've thought about a rotating cutting mat but haven't succumbed yet - yet  ;)

I have watched demos on the rotating cutting mats.  I think using a smaller mat can be just as easily rotated.  I'm only a beginner at P&Q so haven't seen any benefit for using one.  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Pearl

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 06:05:20 AM »
I have watched demos on the rotating cutting mats.  I think using a smaller mat can be just as easily rotated.  I'm only a beginner at P&Q so haven't seen any benefit for using one.  :)
A couple of ladies on my course use one and it certainly seems to make cutting small fiddly bits easier.
I bought one at Malvern a couple of weeks ago but I haven't used it yet.  I'll report back.

supergran

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 18:46:56 PM »
I've always fancied a rotating one but have been put off by the price of them. I just use a small ordinary mat and rotate it as and when necessary. It works as long as you are careful not to dislodge the pieces you've just cut.

rubywishes

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 21:15:28 PM »
Yep, use a small mat to swivel around...easy peasy. The Creative Grids with the slots sure look like they are a nifty thing but they cost a fair bit and I can make do with my ordinary squares and rulers.
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 14:15:08 PM »
I've thought about a rotating cutting mat but haven't succumbed yet

I succumbed last year at the FOQ but I really haven't used it.
I just rotate the cutting mat or walk round the table!

If anyone would like my mat for a tenner plus P&P please let me know....

UPDATE

Just to let you know Girls, The mat has been bagsied ..... Reaction speed of a cheetah that Gal!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:57:30 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again