The Sewing Place

Various pieces of fabric. Now disposed of.

Andymat

Various pieces of fabric. Now disposed of.
« on: September 21, 2021, 14:51:25 PM »
As I mentioned previously I am clearing out my mother’s collection and these are what I think might be of interest to someone.  If interested let me know and I will give more information. May only be evenings I can reply as busy with rest of house too.

There is black lace, some brushed cotton, pleated cream polyester etc. Some more than others but generally around 1m. The deep blue one centre left is an off cut left after a project so is less.

Offers please plus postage to be agreed (UK only please) but what is left is going in the skip at the weekend,Sunday 26th.

I have left the original size so people can zoom into the detail.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 14:03:50 PM by Andymat »

sewmuchmore

Re: Various pieces of fabric. Offers invited.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 17:06:51 PM »
Please don't put it in the skip, send it to the charity shop.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 17:53:57 PM »
I see some Liberty and Rose and Hubble fabric in there. If you don't get a taker here @Andymat it's definitely worth taking to a charity shop as they will get a bit for it. And if you do Gift Aid the charity will tell you what your stuff makes - and that's always rather satisfying!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 18:33:10 PM »
I know this must be a difficult time for you @Andymat  (are you related to Laundro ??)
But it would help if you had individual pics and sizes ... maybe a pic with the details of the selvage would be usefui

Or maybe you could find someone else to sell it for you?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 09:22:49 AM »
@Andymat  an alternative to giving the fabric to a charity shop would be to hand it in at your local secondary school for their textile department to use. I've done this several times and the school is always really glad to get the fabric.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Andymat

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 13:58:41 PM »
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. All the pieces have now been taken to a charity shop.

As I have said, I am clearing my parents house and I just thought that they might be of interest to someone on here. I m really not worried about money, I just didn’t want to be running around with full listings of stuff I had no idea if any one would be interested in.

I have no idea who Laundro is. I would hope that is not a bad thing?

Iminei

Re: Various pieces of fabric. Now disposed of.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 16:52:33 PM »
Laundro - mat ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Andymat

Re: Various pieces of fabric. Now disposed of.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 17:17:36 PM »
Oh very funny! I’m obviously a bit slow!  :o