Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong

Flobear

Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong
« on: September 21, 2021, 17:15:34 PM »

When you've had enough of sweeping leaves, why not join in TSP's

Autumn/Winter 3 piece clothing collection
1st October - 31st December 2021

Aim: Sew a 3 piece clothing collection for the coming season
(Autumn/Winter here in the UK, but Spring/Summer in Australia/NZ).

It could be outerwear such as trousers/skirt jacket and blouse
Or indoor wear such as jogging bottoms/leggings, T-shirt and hoodie

Three items intended to be worn together. One of them could be a knitted piece.

It's your choice

Timeframe: Construction starts on 1st October and the items must be completed by 31st December. Pattern adapting and cutting out, however, may start before October 1st.

Let's see photos of your fabric, pattern, cut-out pieces - progress piccies are always welcome in this thread even though they're not part of the sewalong rules.

All entries need to be uploaded with the template below and at least one photo by 7th January 2022  amended to 10th January (due to all the bank holidays!)

Please submit your entries in this thread using this template.

Template:

Details to include:

Your User Name and Entry Number  - 1, 2 etc if entering more than one ensemble
What is it and for whom? (if applicable)
Fabric and Pattern/instructions used  - commercial, frankenpatterns or self-drafted, anything goes
A short description on how you made it  - any problems overcome etc.
Up to 4 photos shown on a dress form or modelled  (no hanger shots thank you)

PLEASE INSERT PICTURES WITHIN YOUR TEXT!

The winning entry will receive an exclusive TSP patch or badge

« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 15:33:11 PM by Flobear »
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Starryfish

Re: Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 14:50:10 PM »
I'll have a go at this comp. I love a 3 PAC. There is a piece of viscose print in my stash that needs turning into a blouse. I want to make a Tessuti Lyon boiled wool shirt jacket and a new Style Arc pattern for some pleat front trousers ( Billie) I'm off to the Knitting and Stitching show on 7th October, will look for some boiled wool and wool trouser fabric to tone with the viscose. Will take a photo of the print to show what colours it has in it.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Flobear

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 15:14:11 PM »
@Starryfish you're a star  :loveit:

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 15:31:17 PM »
As I did no sewing for a year while building works were ongoing but still managed to acquire fabric I have several bits that need using.  I will have a rummage and decide on 3 things to make.
Life's too short for ironing.

Flobear

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 15:48:17 PM »
Triffic news Plosh-old-thing. I was wondering if a cosy pair of knitted socks could count as an item if one went in for an indoor ensemble.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 15:57:17 PM »
Yes I think I could have a go at this. I've got the Style Arc Billie trousers pattern too. I've just taken delivery of a fairly meaty linen-cotton dark tartan fabric that's just right for autumn so I'm sure I can conjure up 3 things that will go together.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Flobear

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 16:40:46 PM »
Three pledges already. Thank you @Tamnymore  :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 18:00:55 PM »
Triffic news Plosh-old-thing. I was wondering if a cosy pair of knitted socks could count as an item if one went in for an indoor ensemble.

@Flobear as the rules maker for this go round if you decree it then knitted socks would be good. Likewise a knitted sweater.  :)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Syrinx

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 18:23:41 PM »
I have a fair stash of fabric and patterns so I'll tentatively throw my hat in.

Some tweed that would make a nice waistcoat or something. I've got a Vogue jacket I need to make, and a dress and a skirt. So hopefully something to make into a 3 PAC

mudcat

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 19:33:35 PM »
I had intended to make this combo about a year ago and never got around to it.  I have a sweater knit for the cardigan and some some Dutch Cotton/Lyrca in a marine color for the top and pants.  I don't know if I'll get to it or not since I have a lot of work to do in my Pattern Design course and I'm sort of wanting to use my custom fitting sloper for any new tops.  But, it's still a WIP and I don't expect it to be completed until next month.  We just went over what to do with our fitting muslin yesterday.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Flobear

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 08:58:26 AM »
@Syrinx and @mudcat , it would be great to have you on board  :grouphug:

And a  :thumbsup: for mudcat for being the first to show us her patterns and fabrics.

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »
I'll have a think about it.  There is a lot of fabric in the stash!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 09:26:22 AM »
I'll have a think about this, as I really like the idea... 

My Sewing Mojo has gone awol, and seems reluctant to return any time soon, but I do need to find it soon, as I have Kimono's to make for Christmas.

I will make a real effort to find the little beastie - I do know it isn't hiding behind the fridge... :rolleyes:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 10:22:09 AM »
I would love to have a go at this but can't think of three things that would go together, even though I have a list of things I want to make (they are more filling holes in the wardrobe than actual outfits) :thinking:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 15:55:28 PM »
I would love to join in but I said I would last time and it took me 6 months to finish!  :faints:

Here are my completed garments  0_0

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTRRJkDshU6/?utm_medium=copy_link