The Sewing Place

Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong

Celia

Re: Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2021, 10:05:54 AM »
The pattern I am thinking of hacking is in Tully and the buttons stretch book, it’s the Stella hoodie but I am not putting the hood on and depending on the fabric will do a high ish neck.  Has anyone done this pattern if so is it any good.?
Will also do some sort of trousers as part of the set of 3 and then ??

Ploshkin

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2021, 10:09:26 AM »
I've had these fabrics marinating while I've been unable to do any sewing.  I will use 3 of the 4 for the 3 piece - it depends on time and how the mood takes me.
The black is a medium weight stretch denim and I will inevitably use my much tweaked jeans pattern.  The print is a stretch cotton jersey.  I will use the Grainline Lark Tee, long sleeved.  I might go off piste and do a front placket just to ring the changes as I have some lilac jersey somewhere.  The plain lilac is a cotton sweatshirt fabric possibly destined to become a cardigan or sweatshirt.  The grey on the left is the leftover Donegal Tweed from when I made a jacket about 3 years ago.  I've been thinking gilet for some time so this may be the opportunity to do it.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Life's too short for ironing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
Like that combination @Ploshkin

realale

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2021, 15:03:16 PM »
Those fabrics look good together @Ploshkin. I like the effect.
I also like the colours of @Goth Gardiner.
 :thumbsup:
So many beers, so little time.

Tamnymore

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2021, 15:08:38 PM »
Nice set of fabrics @Ploshkin . I too marinate fabrics - sometimes for years.  :S
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 07:05:34 AM by Iminei »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Syrinx

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2021, 15:13:55 PM »
I've been hunting for free smart top/shirt patterns for this and I've found a few but the best need linen and I'm out. Will keep the hunt going.

The jumper I'm planning is the Style Arc Kennedy but I'm having problems picking fabric. Without being able to feel sweatshirting fabric I'm being very dither. I want something that looks almost woven texture with a fleece back. But it's tricky. Stone colour midweight would work. But it's getting the right backside!

So Chic

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2021, 15:25:48 PM »

@Syrinx   I’ve just bought some cotton jersey fleece backed from Croft Mill to make a top, it wasn’t the cheapest but I think it will make up well.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2021, 07:53:35 AM »
Saw GS's last night and took their measurements
GS1 asked me why and I told him I was going to make their Christmas pj's, not buying them from Tesco!
His little face lit up with excitement.
'I get just for me PJ's?'
Oh my heart  <3
 :D
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Esme866

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2021, 09:50:33 AM »
Awwwwwww! @Bumblebuncher how adorable was that! I still remember Grandma making my sister and I matching flannel nightgowns when I was 11 and she was 7. Dad was stingy with the heat back then so we LOVED them -especially since the quality of the flannel was devine!

b15erk

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2021, 10:46:35 AM »
@Esme866 Thank you!  This has just jogged my memory, I saw some lovely wynceyette while browsing last week, and as usual, I've forgotten where.

I'll have to go through my history...

I would love some snuggly, old fashioned nighties and pyjamas...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2021, 17:50:58 PM »
Really enjoyed reading through these plans.

I can barely keep three ideas in my head at once so the thought of planning and making three matching garments is beyond me!  :laughing:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.  :)

Celia

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2021, 16:16:07 PM »
Really enjoyed reading through these plans.

I can barely keep three ideas in my head at once so the thought of planning and making three matching garments is beyond me!  :laughing:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.  :)

Me too I am approaching it one garment at a time, if they match   :loveit:  If not  :(

Tamnymore

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2021, 16:37:06 PM »
I have some ideas but I'll need to get cracking. I think it's going to be waterfall jacket, blouse and trousers. I've started the blouse but it is a plaid fabric with some, ahem, challenging pattern matching so I'll just have to see whether it ends up looking ok or whether it's a dog's breakfast! If it's the latter I'll do a quick change to a plain fabric. Hope to post some pleminary pictures on Monday.

Flobear

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2021, 18:57:10 PM »
@Lemon Syllabub , @Celia , I'm not sure they need to match, as such, just three things that can be worn together. If your choice is an orange leotard, a leopard print hat and a giant coatigan with llamas all over it, who's to say you're wrong  ;)  Needs to be suitable for Autumn / Winter unless you're in the Southern hemisphere then it's Spring / Summer.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Tamnymore

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2021, 19:03:56 PM »
Coatigan with llamas @Flobear ? Now you're talking!

(Spell checker determined to turn coatigan into Corrigan)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 19:13:10 PM by Tamnymore »