The Sewing Place

Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong

Ohsewsimple

Re: Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2021, 19:04:43 PM »
@Lemon Syllabub , @Celia , I'm not sure they need to match, as such, just three things that can be worn together. If your choice is an orange leotard, a leopard print hat and a giant coatigan with llamas all over it, who's to say you're wrong  ;)  Needs to be suitable for Autumn / Winter unless you're in the Southern hemisphere then it's Spring / Summer.

OMG @Flobear have you been peeking in my wardrobe?   :laughing:

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2021, 10:31:37 AM »
three things that can be worn together. If your choice is an orange leotard, a leopard print hat and a giant coatigan with llamas all over it, who's to say you're wrong  ;) 

@Flobear  You are such a trend setter. I NEED these in my life.   :boohoo:

@Ohsewsimple  You have these in your wardrobe.  :o :o :o You icon you.  :faints:
Does Anna Wintour know?

Celia

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »
@Flobear i read your comment last night and laughed out loud  :loveit: I had to explain to my son what was so funny :loveit:   

There is hope for me now :loveit:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 07:10:22 AM by Iminei »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2021, 12:23:04 PM »
@Flobear  You are such a trend setter. I NEED these in my life.   :boohoo:

@Ohsewsimple  You have these in your wardrobe.  :o :o :o You icon you.  :faints:
Does Anna Wintour know?

Had to look her name up!  But actually,  seeing her face I do know her. 
And no she doesn’t know.  Do you think I should tell her? :laughing:

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2021, 16:15:06 PM »
  Do you think I should tell her? :laughing:

@Ohsewsimple Definitely! I can see it now, you and Flobear on the cover of the latest Vogue magazine.  :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2021, 19:31:17 PM »
@Ohsewsimple Definitely! I can see it now, you and Flobear on the cover of the latest Vogue magazine.  :)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2021, 12:49:09 PM »
I have boshed together a 'pattern', I use the term loosely because it is more to make sure I don't make them too small than anything else  :laughing:
I think I will go for the dressing gowns first as they are less fitted (not that pyjamas are fitted, but there is more work involved I suppose).
I had a conversation with the Mother yesterday as she informed me the hardest part of the dressing gown would be the neckline, I am still thinking 'what neckline'.  Does she mean the front opening?  I assume she wasn't listening when I mentioned the hood (nothing new there) so thinks I am doing some kind of collar thingy.
Or am I forgetting something?
Never mind, I am sure I will realise if I have left something out of my preplanning thoughts  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Starryfish

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2021, 20:56:39 PM »
I've finished two pieces, a black patterned roll neck top and black cord jeans. Now I have to clean black fluff from the machines before starting the white cardigan. I can't find any of the brushes I know I have, so ordered another one from ebay. I also bought some woolly nylon as my coverstitcher is being very temperamental, and I thought I would try it.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Flobear

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2021, 22:38:08 PM »
Ooh, good going @Starryfish  :thumbsup:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Starryfish

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2021, 23:02:14 PM »
Well, I have made these patterns before, the jeans several times, so they don't take long. The cardigan pattern is an old favourite as well.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2021, 08:44:10 AM »
I got started on the first dressing gown yesterday.  I didn't want to overlock as that seemed a bit over the top for fleece, didn't want to do straight stitch as that doesn't look very pretty.  In the end I settled for blanket stitch, which takes three times longer, uses up three times as much thread, but does look much better  :thumbsup:
So it has arms and a hood and a body, it is all sewn together, I even remembered to put in belt loops  :o
All that is left is to put the contrast trim on around the edge, pockets, hem and make the belt and I have one finished. I showed DH and he said it looks like a dressing gown, so that is a good start.
I decided I wanted to put their names on the pockets (new machine has an alphabet so I thought why not) but couldn't find the booklet to see how to do it, had a play, think I sorted it out, but may leave that detail until afterI find where I hid the stupid thing.
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2021, 08:48:07 AM »
Actually @Bumblebuncher overlock is the ideal stitching for fleece. It squishes the seams down so they aren't unruly, looks great and is done in a flash.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Flobear

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2021, 08:57:42 AM »
Well done for remembering belt loops in time @Bumblebuncher !  I'm not sure that I ever have  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:29 AM »
I have finished my first item.  It was a quick, long sleeve, cotton jersey top from a much used pattern.  I was going to do a front placket, just to ring the changes, but when I got out the plain, lilac jersey I had, it just looked really dull and grubby against the patterned fabric.
My black denim is washed and dried and on the cutting table with the pattern (which is still the envelope  :) )
Life's too short for ironing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2021, 09:48:35 AM »
I am very very late to the party, but would like to join in.

I currently have 3 pieces in mind, so hopefully can execute them.

I saw the combination when I packed up before moving (or maybe even before selling), anyhow the first will be a fairly plain knit top using this beautiful jersey fabric.

then some pull on trousers in a dark brown with a pink stripe
and a sort of coatigan thing in brown and cream fabric