The Sewing Place

FreeSockPatterns

b15erk

FreeSockPatterns
« on: September 23, 2021, 09:49:07 AM »
I found three lovely free patterns HERE

I think they are all too difficult for me, but thought some of you more experienced knitters may like them.

I love the Shell Sock, but I think the only one I might be able to have a crack at would be the Heel Less sock...

Nice leg and arm warmers too...

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bumblebuncher

Re: FreeSockPatterns
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:19:54 AM »
leg warmers  :o Someone say legwarmers  :o
That's it, I may be lured back to knitting after all, hankered over some legwarmers for years  :thumbsup:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »
@Bumblebuncher , so sorry to burst your bubble - I mis-read...  it's two armwarmers - not and arm and leg warmer... :boohoo:

My mistake... :rolleyes:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:15:52 AM »
@b15erk
 :scream:
 :boohoo:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 22:25:32 PM »
Needs a chart. Or did I miss it?
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 08:37:27 AM »
@Ouryve , I've had a quick look, and I don't think it needs a chart, it's just a line by line pattern.

I'll have a better look later...

Jessie

Ouryve

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 08:49:22 AM »
@Ouryve , I've had a quick look, and I don't think it needs a chart, it's just a line by line pattern.

I'll have a better look later...

Jessie

Even simple lace or cable patterns bamboozle me without a chart. They help me to visualise the pattern I'm making, before it emerges, and to read my knitting. The only onesi fall down on are where there are vastly different numbers of stitches on each row/round, but I'd give up the will to live faces with those in written form!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:49 AM »
I've had a quick look at the Shell Pattern, and that is only a two row pattern (the lace bit), so they probably didn't think it necessary.

Isn't it odd the different ways we all work, personally charts totally confuse me and I avoid them.  A line by line pattern suits me very well.

I'll have a better look when my PC speeds up a bit - it's still half asleep!

Jessie

dolcevita

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 20:50:01 PM »
I love knitting socks. They're just about my favourite thing ever to knit! The only thing better is wearing hand knitted socks.