The Sewing Place

New Kid on the Board

Hachi

New Kid on the Board
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:02:50 AM »
Hi All,
I'm originally from Japan :ninja:, lived in the South and Southwest U.S. for the past 15 years, and now living in Hertfordshire since February.
I have just discovered this forum and still have a lot of boards to explore!
I'm looking forward to joining you all.

Jo

Re: New Kid on the Board
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:04:41 AM »
Welcome  :drink: I hope you enjoy the forum and our company :)

Emma2109

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
Welcome....I love this group. Just be aware of the fabric board ~ every time someone posts a new fabric or a good online shop my bank balance dwindles  0_0

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 08:34:47 AM »
Welcome from me too.. hope you enjoy your stay in the UK .. we must introduce you to the 'must do' fabric shopping places while your here :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :loveit: :devil:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 09:27:51 AM »
Welcome from me  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 14:12:17 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too  :D

maliw

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 15:24:49 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy being here with us and you can take us with you when you move on.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lantana

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 15:50:36 PM »
Hello Hachi, hope you enjoy your temporary stay in England! What's your speciality? I love your avatar  <3

Lantana  :vintage:

Hachi

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 21:33:10 PM »
Hello Hachi, hope you enjoy your temporary stay in England! What's your speciality? I love your avatar  <3

Lantana  :vintage:

My specialty??? Hmmm, I try making garments, but I like making small pouches and purses better because it does not require fitting adjustments.

The avatar is my 14-year-old dog  :woof: She is definitely loving it here in the rural England so I'm glad to have decided to fly her across the ocean.

Lantana

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 21:59:27 PM »
I look forward to seeing some of your work.  :) I'm in the patchwork section otherwise known as 'the dark side'. Whatever you like doing there is plenty of advice and encouragement on this forum.

Awww bless her she's flown across the ocean .... wow! I'm glad rural England is suiting her, she's gorgeous.

Lanty  :vintage:

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 13:05:38 PM »
Hi and welcome from me too. Where in Japan are you from? I have family in Kumamoto. Lovely country and gorgeous fabrics too :devil:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Hachi

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 17:31:46 PM »
Hi Catllar,
I'm from Niigata, which is north west part of Japan. Hopefully I can go back to Japan (aiming for the 2020 Olympics, but it may be too expensive) someday to have some fabric shopping.

Lilian

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 21:10:06 PM »
Welcome Hachi. I hope you and your beautiful dog enjoy England and this forum  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)