The Sewing Place

TSP's Mysteryquiltalongathon - Assembly instructions

Iminei

Re: TSP's Mysteryquiltalongathon - Assembly instructions
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2021, 09:08:01 AM »
Your quilt is stunning @Lilian  ... save the experimentation for another piece.

Do what you're comfortable with ... It needs very lil quilting, The piecing is undeniably the star!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Cazlyn

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2021, 09:26:42 AM »
Your quilt is beautiful @Lilian
Crafting is my happy place

Sheilago

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2021, 09:33:27 AM »
I’ve just been looking at theses gorgeous quilts. @Lilian  , your change to the purple star was definitely the right thing to do. I can’t choose between the 2 layouts- both lovely. :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 09:41:02 AM by Iminei »

Bjay

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2021, 12:12:04 PM »
@Lilian your quilt is lovely, I don't think it needs fussy quilting at all. Bootifull.

I have been clearing out, packing fabric away, cleaning machine ready for next attempt at quilting.
I don't know whether to  :laughing: or  :boohoo:
I found an extra block at the bottom of my box, yes it's the correct yellow block. I must have put the wrong one in the pile of completed ones.
Too late now  :headbang:

I usually keep a note book of what has been done but I didn't this time (lost the book!). That'll teach me
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Lilian

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2021, 19:41:22 PM »
Thank you ladies  :|  :| You are right @Iminei @Bjay  it doesn't need fussy quilting  :)  I will walking foot straight lines.  Maybe try the ruler quilting on the remaining blocks if I make them into cushion covers.

@Bjay glad you found the other block  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »
Anybody else want a label for their finished project ??????

If so, speak now or forever hold your piece (of quilt)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2021, 11:18:23 AM »
@Lilian that is beautiful!

Catllar

« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2021, 12:28:14 PM »
So today I plan to start making up the quilt. Discovered that one of my blocks is totally small and no point are neat and in short it looks a mess, so I'll remake it.  QAYG will be a first for me. There are many ways to do it so it seems so I'm going to see if I need any sashing first and then my plan is to make columns and then treat each column as a block. Would that work oh wise ones?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2021, 16:51:34 PM »
Absolutely!

It will get cumbersome as it grows but nowhere near as hard as quilting it all in one.

This is 2021's BOM yes?

Have you seen this?

Catllar

« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2021, 17:01:37 PM »
Not in a happy place at the mo! My lack of exactitude in piecing ( being of the "that'll do, it's near enough" school) has caught me up and I find have some extremely inaccurate blocks, so  I started unpicking quite a lot of them to restitch with better SAs. Once I'd unpicked a couple it dawned on me - why don't I just add a BG frame to get the correct sizes, so I'll have another go tomorrow - restitch my original ones and add some frames where necessary and this is leading me down another road that could include some half squares and offset blocks - so I'm making more work for myself. Sigh.

Yep thanks, @Iminei, I looked through the tutorial and also found some other methods care of mr google.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 17:03:28 PM by Catllar »

Catllar

« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2021, 17:07:45 PM »
@Lilian  your top is lovely!

Lilian

« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2021, 17:24:21 PM »
Thank you @Catllar I hope I can do it justice when it is all put together  :vintage:

Iminei

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2021, 07:29:19 AM »
This topic has been very very quiet for the last few weeks.... So has anyone out there finished their Quilt yet???

I know I havent ... And I think I know the reason why ... As I came to finish up the borders I realised I didnt have enough of the background fabric .... that gorgeous hand dyed grey from Farne Fabrics who no longer trade!!! ... to finish it in one piece so I had to join scrips and scraps and I think Im unsatisfied with the result.

Dont get me wrong ... The borders are complete, the borders lie right and looks neat BUT ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]        [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I was going to add some random HST's in the colours of the stars in the areas that were patched together but hadnt worked out the how and where ... BUT I will!

Looking at this fresh after a month or more Im now wondering whether or not to leave it as is ???

Lilian

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
I was thinking about this and haven't finished mine. I will be taking a look today. I haven't done anything towards it for a while. I had some bad news last Monday, a dear friend of many years whom I loved passed away suddenly while on holiday for the festive season  :cry:. This upset me immensely.

Life must go on so I am hoping to get mine finished in time.

@Iminei I have a problem with the border, I forgot about it, I irdered some fabric but it isn't the right shade  :\. So I may be using the binding fabric instead. 

I think yours will be ok but I know what you mean. It will look ok when it's quilted I think :)

Iminei

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »
Im sorry to hear about your friend @Lilian  and completely understand about life getting in the way ... I havent sewn for aaaaages now and really must force myself to get started ...

Looking at the border again, I think I might just let it go ... maybe a few words of embroidery on the lines ???
Who knows but its not as bad as I thought and you'e right, after quilting who is going to notice?

Whats the problem with yours?? Post some pics here and lets see if we can help you ....