The Sewing Place

TSP's Mysteryquiltalongathon - Assembly instructions

Bjay

Re: TSP's Mysteryquiltalongathon - Assembly instructions
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2021, 16:48:23 PM »
Well my much travelled Quiltathontop has reached home.
The backing fabric and the blue binding will be done soon but it will not be complete by the deadline  either

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

BrendaP

« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2021, 17:10:21 PM »
@Lilian
If it is only one purple block that you are short of matching fabric arrange it so that that the slightly different block is in a corner where it will be less noticeable.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2021, 19:11:46 PM »
I dont think any of us will be finishing on time so please dont beat yourselves up on that score ....

As long as you DO finish and post pics !!!! This is too nice a quilt not to be finished (and I do include myself in that)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2021, 20:39:41 PM »
I won't be finishing my quilt any time soon either! I haven't been able to sit at the sewing machine for 3 months now  :angry: (due to problems with my spine) so will have to wait until things ease a little for me. Also, there is the fact that I just don't like the look of the final quilt - I like each individual block but don't like them all together - I just need to find a way to fall back in love with it, then I can complete it once I'm able to.  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2022, 11:21:32 AM »
Could you use the blocks in something else maybe @Kenora  ???

Wall Hanging?
Table runner?
Place mats?
Panel for a bag?
Full Patchwork skirt with the blocks round the bottom?
Bed runner?

Kenora

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »
Great ideas @Iminei. Thank you. :) All my P&Q work goes to charity so it would have to be something that the charities would want. Maybe tote bags would work if I lined them? They would look very good. Just need to get well enough to sew first. :rolleyes:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Catllar

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2022, 16:21:55 PM »
I'm getting there.
 Have changed my mind about doing QAYG since I found a fleece blanket in a colour I'll never ever use ( :thinking: why did I ever buy it?) so I'm going to back it with that, quilt throught the lot and have a 2 layer quilt, which I'll give to my neighbour.

This saves me the hassle and expense of buying backing fabric and gets rid of the yellow blanket!

I've joined all the squares and columns and have added fabric where necessary - it really is a  dog's dinner, but  it'll look cheerful when it's done. I'm not gifting it to a quilter, he'll never know!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2022, 08:56:49 AM »
Have you a pic @Catllar ?? ... I can only find one or two of your blocks in the Hall of Fame  -<

Catllar

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2022, 10:16:38 AM »
Really? I know I took pictures as each block went along but in that case where have they gone? I'll do my best this week. I had to change pooters mid proj and  am using MrC's old laptop and as it has different software and as I'm just sooooooo clever with pooters ......well, d'ya see the problem? ANyway  I'll try!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

mudcat

« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2022, 19:08:45 PM »
@Bjay I love your backing fabric and the gray fabric that is throughout is quite pleasing to the eye.

Bjay

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2022, 20:15:07 PM »
Thanks @mudcat just need to construct it now. Hmmm - next on the to be finished list  :laughing:
ished pist!

Iminei

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2022, 20:47:31 PM »
@mudcat  Bjays background fabric is glorious .. it has a silver glitter sparkle through it ... Divine!

Bjay

« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2022, 11:08:52 AM »
Well that's a bother.
I have 2 lots of wadding, different sorts and not quite enough of either to fill the sandwich. Can't mix them as one is, a cotton and one is a puffy one which I think would be best for this, quilt and the effect I want.
Guess it's the Internet here I come 

Bjay

« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »
Completion is delayed further as I have ordered wadding, hopefully enough for Zigzag quilt as well

Lilian

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2022, 22:47:04 PM »
I've cut the borders for my quilt and hope to start attaching them this week.  Then I have to find a large space to do the layering  :thinking:
Willing but not always able :)