The Sewing Place

TSP's Mysteryquiltalongathon - Assembly instructions

SewRuthieSews

Re: TSP's Mysteryquiltalongathon - Assembly instructions
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 17:23:37 PM »
Wow @Iminei ! that's absolutely wonderful.

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 17:54:01 PM »
Wow @Iminei this is stunning!  :perfect10:  :VV:  I am so glad I joined and let you lead me/us through the making. I am very excited to start getting my blocks together, I did a layout very similar but not the same. I will get started tomorrow. Thank you  :hug:
Willing but not always able :)

Bjay

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2021, 18:22:10 PM »
Go on @Flobear give it a go,
Not as complicated as it seems - well I haven't done as much unpicking!

Nw I'm attempting to put it together!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Flobear

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2021, 18:44:42 PM »
Thank you to those who are in the Stragglers group, I might just make a start and see where it gets me. I would like something bright and vibrant to liven up the neutralnessness of the decor I inherited. Need to get the sewing room painted first so I can put it all back together. Would have started this afters but can't find most of my paintbrush stash - just the rollers and a few somewhat past-it bristly things.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:36:07 AM by Flobear »
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2021, 19:49:15 PM »
 :perfect10:       :perfect10:       :perfect10:       :perfect10:       :perfect10:       :perfect10:

OH MY GOODNESS
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2021, 07:06:56 AM »
@Lilian  as I (tried to) explain earlier .... because we have 3 sets of Four Blocks and 2 sets of Five, your quilt can be individual as where you choose to put your colours can vary to where Ive put mine ...

you can also of course throw the layout away and arrange as you wish but I do think it creates a nice effect.

Ive got to think about backing too, I always forget that a quilt needs a backing fabric ... Im wondering about piecing it with another block of each star ... we'll see ....

Very much looking forward to seeing all of yours made up!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

LouiseS

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2021, 13:00:29 PM »
This is lovely and so clever. I was wondering how the three blocks would fit into the design. The cornerstones are fantastic.

I have decided on my layout and started cutting sashing so I can sew the blocks into rows. I’m going to have to revise how to do cornerstones.

Bjay

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 15:01:01 PM »
Going through the block check list  seemed to be short of a block.
Rifled through my current sewing project box and there were the pieces for another Amethust block so am now doing thet. It is already half sewn - no idea what I was doing about that   :facepalm:

Lilian

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2021, 16:02:07 PM »
Thanks @Iminei I do like the layout you have done, it's very effective.  I will try mine and see how they look.  I had decided to put cornerstones on each block, so I got that the same.  I would ideally like mine to fit small double bed (4ft) wide so I will see if I can adjust it to fit.  :)

Iminei

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2021, 17:46:54 PM »
Well the 5x5 comes out at 60" sq + 4" sashing +5" border = 69" sq.

If you add the extra row of 5 blocks you'll be looking at 72" x 60" plus any sashing and borders. (10" extra)

Bjay

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2021, 18:20:22 PM »
Spent some of the afternoon playing with blocks and patterns.
At the moment I am looking at a 6x4 block arrangement to come out as single bed size but it may well change over night :D
More fun tomorrow

Catllar

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2021, 18:41:45 PM »
That looks lovely! My first thought included  half plain blocks with the squares offset, but  kept coming up short with the 6 block. ANyway at the moment I have started quilting the BOOM baby so have no brain or space to play with this one  but I'm thinking hard :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Diane

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2021, 18:54:36 PM »
@Iminei That really is a striking quilt, just loving the colours  :perfect10:

I really must join in if you do another one next year as it's right up my street, i somehow always manage to miss the start  :rolleyes:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Lilian

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2021, 22:41:16 PM »
Well the 5x5 comes out at 60" sq + 4" sashing +5" border = 69" sq.

If you add the extra row of 5 blocks you'll be looking at 72" x 60" plus any sashing and borders. (10" extra)

I've had a think @Iminei  and I might make the extra blocks as you suggest.  I was hoping to avoid making more as I want to start assembling them  :thinking:

Iminei

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2021, 06:17:14 AM »
Its only One more block  and not even of the whole six ... just the five needed to continue the pattern ...