The Sewing Place

New Sewing Space

ScubaGirl

New Sewing Space
« on: October 05, 2021, 14:17:39 PM »
So I'm sooooo excited. I just moved into my new condo. And I have a sewing room!!!  :dance: First time ever to have a dedicated sewing room. It's just an iron and ironing board at the moment. I am about to order a desk. I hope to borrow a sewing machine until I can hunt for my new machine.  :vintage: I didn't get to bring much with me, so I will have to take my time and spend wisely. Here's the space I'll be filling up.

Ohsewsimple

Re: New Sewing Space
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 14:20:07 PM »
Looks a good space.  Exciting to start from scratch.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 14:56:17 PM »
That's like starting from scratch, but with loads of experience.  Do you have a hit list @ScubaGirl
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

ScubaGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 14:59:20 PM »
@Gernella a hit list? Like a list of things to buy?

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 16:33:11 PM »
@Gernella a hit list? Like a list of things to buy?

Well you've got to be  selective when you are starting from an ironing board and iron @ScubaGirl .  Machine (s), threads, scissors, fabric etc.  Not much point in buying something you are not going to use for a bit.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

ScubaGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 16:50:09 PM »
Haha, I gotcha.  Yeah, well I'm starting with a desk for the machine. LOL.  It's on order for delivery. I did bring some of my sewing supplies (scissors, some thread, even a little jar of buttons) and a couple pieces of fabric to start me off that I just couldn't leave behind. I actually think I can borrow a machine for a little while to give me time to buy the right machine. I also need to print out some pdf patterns.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 16:57:32 PM »
Hiya, I don't make clothes but wanted to say, we have a shared experience.
In 2018 we holidays in Kota Kinabalu and thought it was a marvellous, amazing place. We loved Borneo and are envious of your being there....especially as it's grey and chilly here :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

ScubaGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 10:29:21 AM »
@Lowena Yeah, thanks. It took many a quarantine and such to get here. But I really think this might be a long term home. I've moved around looking for the right place. This has the right balance of city and nature for me. Work is a little insane at the moment, but I think that the work-life balance in the long run will be pretty great. 

It does mean though that it's hard to buy ANYTHING. Haha, everything costs more because it has to be shipped here. And selection is usually limited. I will really learn the art of patience since my sewing desk will take 4 weeks to arrive.  :P

realale

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 17:36:30 PM »
Exciting to be starting from scratch @ScubaGirl. And by taking your time you can get what you really want rather than making do. Enjoy the process.
So many beers, so little time.