The Sewing Place

Work Wear

William

Re: Work Wear
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2021, 11:23:39 AM »
Hello-

Wow! Really well done! And beautiful pics! One can see you have talent!

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2021, 16:52:28 PM »
Love the 2 dresses, and @Lachica i am an old fat git but still wear them. @ScubaGirl what patterns do you use?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

ScubaGirl

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2021, 17:06:54 PM »
@William Thanks.

@sewmuchmore Let's see. There's a lot of different patterns. Almost all are from indie PDF companies, except 1 is from a book. I'll try to go in order.
1. Purple Wiggle top from Patterns for Pirates (P4P), and the plaid Ava Skirt from Sew Over it. (SOI)
2. Windflower Dress from MW Patterns
3. This grey dress is from the book "sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time" by Tanya Whalen (I love this book.)
4. The maroon Hepburn Top from Patterns for Pirates and the grey Chloe Skirt from Made for Mermaids (M4M)
5. The Slim-fit Raglan from P4P, and the Aviator Pants from Winter Wear Designs
6. The tie-dye is the Susie Blouse from SOI, and the Lindy Petal Skirt from Itch to Stitch
7. The teal/black is the Pumpkin-Spice Dolman from P4P, and the Pirate Pencil Skirt from P4P

I'll have to post my first ever pair of jeans, and I've made many pairs of shorts too. I think I need to do more casual wear for this hot weather.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2021, 17:33:38 PM »
@ScubaGirl Thanks for the very comprehensive list it is much appreciated. It was the dresses i was interested in. I have not come across MW patterns before so it is bookmarked on my to make list. I have been looking at the book for a while now and have it on my Amazon wish list, just waiting for it to come down in price.
Again thanks.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lachica

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2021, 17:44:16 PM »
Thanks for that list @ScubaGirl  the Windflower looks interesting, I have a Burda that I think could look similar with an asymmetric hem and a grafted on cowl. I'll add it to my never ending list  :)
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

ScubaGirl

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2021, 09:43:02 AM »
@sewmuchmore  Yeah, I believe she is a Swedish designer. The english instructions are not as comprehensive, but I found it was enough. And since the pattern pieces were sooo well drafted, I had no issue following the english instructions.  it was a surprisingly quick sew. I want to make more. :)

I will actually be chopping off the cowl neck now that I live in the tropics. Way too much fabric for this humidity. HAHA

SunnyWave

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2022, 12:15:06 PM »
Beautiful outfits! That's incredible to be so proficient in your hobbies. Giving up buying and start making my own clothing is one of my dreams.