The Sewing Place

Work Wear

ScubaGirl

Work Wear
« on: October 05, 2021, 14:56:48 PM »
Ok, so when I joined this fab forum, back in June? I think. I wanted to share things I made, but just hadn't the time. Then I moved, countries. A couple quarantines, house hunting, visa application, etc. All while working online. Anyway, I'm just barely settled into my new place. With a new sewing room, awaiting a sewing machine...lol.  :sew:

So it's sharing time! Even though I rekindled my love of sewing about 6-7 years ago with swim and dive wear, I most recently got into sewing clothes for work. I was living in Switzerland back in June and made most of these outfits while there on my landlord's Pfaff (what a great machine.) So I though I'd share some of the outfits I made and wore to work. I now live in a warmer climate so some of these may need adjusting.  As you can see, I'm a music teacher. Totally a little cheesy with the pics. Haha.  0_0

CCL

Re: Work Wear
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 15:06:13 PM »
Oh my goodness, these are great!  Can't wait to see what you start making when your new sewing machine arrives!
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 15:36:29 PM »
What a fantastic set of outfits @ScubaGirl and you are a natural model! So many of us feel faintly embarrassed by modelling our creations but you wear them with panache. Very impressed that you made all this while moving country and teaching too.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 16:03:53 PM »
Wonderful collection, makes my black, black and black look very, well, black  :laughing:
Really love the dress
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 17:28:29 PM »
You look fabulous! It helps to be young, slim & pretty......I really like that dress, if I were 20 years younger I'd wear that.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 19:59:06 PM »
Gorgeous outfits  :thumbsup:

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 21:26:19 PM »
What a fabulous landlord @ScubaGirl great work wear as well. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Lilian

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 21:46:01 PM »
A lovely set of clothing you made there @ScubaGirl !  What machine are you having?
Willing but not always able :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 22:36:51 PM »
Great outfits!   I can well imagine your new wardrobe will be very different from before ! 

annieeg

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 08:54:31 AM »
Great Collection @ScubaGirl  :)

ScubaGirl

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 10:24:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments. It's been fun and I am getting a pretty fun wardrobe out of it.

@Lilian I'm not sure what machine yet. I have my eye on a specific Juki. But that's just online. I'd like to see what the local shops have first, I just haven't had the time yet. The Japanese brands will be much easier to get here.  I think it'll like be Juki or Brother.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 10:29:59 AM »
What a handy Landlord to have and such fab outfits and beautifully modelled too!!! Thank you for posting your pics.

We stayed in a lovely resort in Sabah some years ago now whilst holidaying in Borneo, and it was probably one of the best holidays we had.

I look forward to seeing your new summery outfits when you’ve made them. I’ve got a Juki F600 and a Brother Innov-is 1300 and they’re both good Japanese brands. Plus you’ll have access to fantastic fabric stores out there too, you lucky thing!  :dance:

ScubaGirl

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 10:38:54 AM »
I should say for all those commenting on my previous Landlord. She is totally a kindred spirit. She is Swiss (and in Switzerland where I was living until June), but was raised in Australia.  And we just had sooo much to talk about. When she learned that I like to sew, she immediately sourced a machine for me to use (that she wants to teach her son on, now that I'm gone). And a Pfaff of all machines.  0_0 I was very lucky.

Catllar

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 14:47:32 PM »
Great makes!  Very grownup!   We had an interesting stay in KK - lots to see and do and I remember buy several pairs of Skechers shoes at a good price and they are still going strong after 4 years wear!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

mudcat

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 20:15:19 PM »
I love the way you mixed the tie dye top with the print skirt and the print skirt with the tiny checked skirt.  You dress with such flair.